Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Middleton

Thanks to the AFCAD makers!

Guest JimC1702

I wanted to take a minute to thank Ray Smith, Jim Vile, and others who have created new AFCADs for FSX. It's very much appreciated. If anyone wants to make an AFCAD for Albany International Airport (KALB), it would really be appreciated.Thanks,Jim

Guest Paul Middleton

I'll certainly second that.There's obviously more that can be done with AFCAD's, compared to FS9. Is there any web-based information about this, or is it all in the SDK?

Guest Phantoms

There's a lot you can learn from the SDK, but there are also programs in the works for making these things easier. SDE is the one I like the most and you can find info on it and many other designing programs at http://fsdeveloper.com Make sure to check out the Scenery forums.

Guest abulaafia

Hear hear. I have written to Ray Smith to thank him, and he gave me some pointers on how to design my own airports. Unfortunately, I have so far failed miserably, trying my hand at VTBS. It's not easy and quite time-consuming.Ray et. al. -- your work is very very much appreciated.

>I'll certainly second that.>>There's obviously more that can be done with AFCAD's, compared>to FS9. Is there any web-based information about this, or is>it all in the SDK?The old AFCAD program at present is still very usable for making FSX airport scenery.SDE (mentioned in this thread) is reportedly going to eventually have a graphical user interface as per AFCAD. This will, imo, revolutionize airport scenery design in FSX by making design do-able by the average user.They won't need to delve into the SDK or xml to do it.At present, if you use AFCAD, you must do some decompiling and manual editing of the xml to get things right in FSX.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian case

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest wji

I've used all the FS9 AF2_FILE.BGL's required in my FSX and they work real good and last a log time. Just place them into: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XAddon Sceneryscenery or any other folder in the directory tree.

Big airports are a rough place to learn. It's much easier to learn the basics on a small airport with only a little AI traffic.

Guest southie4

Absolutely! My thanks, as well.Appreciatively yours,RobertP IV 3.2 ghz, 1024 DDR ram,Intel D865GBF 800 FSB mobo, 512mg ATI Radeon x1650 Pro graphic card, 500gb & 160gb Seagate 7200 RPM Ultra ATA 100 hard drives, Win XP Home Edition, 19" ViewSonic E 90f+SB monitor, 450 ATX power supply and Saitek 52 throttle/joystick