Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Possible to fly the FBWA320 with Honeycomb Alpha Yoke?

Anyone here fly the A320 this way and how well does it work?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Works fine. What issues were you thinking you'd run into? Most flights I'm only hand-flying for about 30 seconds after takeoff and short final. 

• Like 2

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

Well it's because I know the the real airplane uses a stick for its flight controls and I wasn't sure if it would work with a yoke, so just wanted to see if anyone else here was able to fly with any problems with one.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I use it with the A320 no problems

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

Joysticks and Yokes works the same, the only difference is that a Yokes have longer range in its axis, which is an advantage.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Yes, like everyone lese says, you should have no problems. Every aircraft in the sim can be flown with yoke or stick (or gamepad for that matter). Some may react better with the 'correct' control (e.g. sidestick for  A320) but all options work fine. I often just use my Fulcrum yoke for the Airbus even though I also have the sidestick plugged in. Sacrilege to some, I suppose, but who cares?😄

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Yes Im using my honeycomb yoke with the FBW A320 no problem but when trying to bind the taxi, Nav switches etc it freezes, anybody else having this problem.....it happens with the TBM too???

Regards

Paul EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

Thanks guys for the feedback. I appreciate it!

I also am flying it with only the Alpha while my Bravo is "in the shop".  I miss that word not allowed thing but yeah its totally doable.  I've mapped flaps and main throttle to the right thumb rockers (individually) while as default rudder trim is still set for both actuated together.  You should have no problems especially once you start working the system since it flies itself for the most part. 

Don't know about anyone else but my STARs get AFU and I end up having to approach manually a lot more of late than in the past though.

• Like 2

Of course you "can", especially if you follow standard ops and engage autopilot right after takeoff. However, if you intend to fly manually for a couple of minutes: Using a yoke for a fly-by-wire aircraft feels extremely weird. It reminds me of a childhood friend who used to play counter strike with a gamepad. It's just weird, can't help myself.
The othery way around it's no big deal, you can easily fly the 737 or the CRJ with a sidestick (/joystick).