Sign in to follow this  
Lockheed L-1011-1

how to use FXAA tool on FSX Steam?

hello, I have FSX Steam and I want to use FXAA tool since I saw what difference it makes. I have a nvidia GTX 960M 2GB (laptop) I7-5500u 2 core 2.4ghz and 16GB ram. I have downloaded Fxaa Tool SVN 117 (it says in the winrar) I have no idea how to activate it, nor use it or install it to FSX. if you have any idea please tell me. thanks!

Looks like it is just a program that is installed on your computer.  You would input  FSX to FXAA as what you want to make adjustments to.  I think it's like using NVidea Inspector where you start the Inspector and bring up FSX in a drop-down menu as the program you want to adjust.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 10/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, charliearon said:

Looks like it is just a program that is installed on your computer.  You would input  FSX to FXAA as what you want to make adjustments to.  I think it's like using NVidea Inspector where you start the Inspector and bring up FSX in a drop-down menu as the program you want to adjust.

how do I use it? how do I enable it? I took a look at the program and I know how to adjust graphical things (like sepia and stuff) my graphics card is a nvidia 960M (laptop) and I don't use nvidia inspector, I have nvidia exprience and Nvidia control panel. I also heard I need to disable anti aliasing?? I wanna use anti aliasing since it does major difference. thanks

I would have to think that there is a README or instructions with the download.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

50 minutes ago, charliearon said:

I would have to think that there is a README or instructions with the download.

I read it, I didn't understand it since this is only made for FSX, and if I look for find game and select FSX path, it still won't find it. edit: I just checked, there's no specific instructions, it just says run the thing and find the game path. I did this already and it gives me a error! thanks

Edited by Lockheed L-1011-1

update, I just found out this FXAA thing has to do something with Nvidia Cards, and it said I should enable Anti Aliasing in Nvidia Control Panel. I enabled AA and disabled it in FSX, which activated the FXAA Tool. These are the directions: (I do not have a Radeon card so I don't know if this will work with Radeons) go to Nvidia Control Panel (for me it automatically installs if I reinstall Windows 10, I don't know about you) find FSX, and enable Anti Aliasing. Move FXAA Tool stuff and its exe to the main directory folder of FSX. you can mess around with your settings there, after you are done customizing, Start FSX and disable Anti Aliasing in settings. this automatically enabled the Tool to work, and don't worry your game will still look sharp depending on the settings you choose in the FXAA Tool (there's an anti aliasing page where you can mess around with other stuff like sepia) and it will work. if anyone has a good FPS saving setting I'd welcome to try it since I found one online which was terrible in FPS. Thanks