Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagletail

Wings of Power releases B-17 for FSX

I too would like to hear about this one, infact I came here specifically to post that very question, it looks great! And Mark, what about VOZ for FSX, any words yet?Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest Valkyrie321

I worked with the Shockwave Productions team to create a video of this product. Shockwave has REALLY outdone themselves. I HIGHLY recommend this product. If you have not yet seen my video made in conjuction with Shockwave, please use the following link:http://www.gamershell.com/download_18426.shtml(Note to admin: this video contains copyrighted material that is owned by Jaggyroad Films and Shockwave Productions 2007. It does NOT breach the AVSIM code of conduct.)

Guest Adrian Wainer

This is certainly an excellent product, the only issue I would have with it, is that unless one specifically wishes to fly a B-17 in FSX, the Wings of Power B-17 for FS2004 [ Wings of Power: WWII Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 ] is a quality product and comes bundled with several other also excellent aircraft, see:http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/store/wop_retail/and for me the decision whether to purchase the FSX B-17 would hinge on what enhancements it would have over the FS2004 product?Best and Warm RegardsAdrian Wainer

Looks like a fantastic piece of work. However, I just can't get into flying heavy Bombers in FSX. I do make exceptions with military planes...because I love RealAir's Spitfire (hopefully it will be ready for FSX soon), and I am enjoying, somewhat, the Texan that I bought a week ago. I just can't get myself excited for these big bombers unless I'm in a combat sim.I'm still waiting for some new GA planes and business jets that were so prevalent in FS2004 to migrate to FSX. Hopefully after the SP1, we'll see more excellent aircraft (commercial type) be offered for FSX.

Guest Eagletail

>I too would like to hear about this one, infact I came here>specifically to post that very question, it looks great! And>Mark, what about VOZ for FSX, any words yet?>>JeffJeff, when it comes to VOZ developments, I'll redirect you (and the rest of you who may be interested) to a webpage at VOZ. This basically tells it all: http://vistaoz.org/smf/index.php?topic=104.0 From what I have seen you'll be in for a real treat when VOZ PRO arrives! :-)

Guest Eagletail

>I worked with the Shockwave Productions team to create a>video of this product. Shockwave has REALLY outdone>themselves. I HIGHLY recommend this product. If you have not>yet seen my video made in conjuction with Shockwave, please>use the following link:>>http://www.gamershell.com/download_18426.shtml>>(Note to admin: this video contains copyrighted material that>is owned by Jaggyroad Films and Shockwave Productions 2007. It>does NOT breach the AVSIM code of conduct.)These are really gorgeous vids, Valkyrie! I'm truly impressed by the quality of your videos and Shockwave's B-17. ;) Now, if only we could get Shockwave to bundle the FS9 and FSX versions; THAT would be terrific!Can I ask you what film editing software you're using?

>Looks like a fantastic piece of work. However, I just can't>get into flying heavy Bombers in FSX. I do make exceptions>with military planes...because I love RealAir's SpitfireI did get this one last evening, because I'm interested in most WWII aircraft. One thing for certain, is that it has a "feel" of a WWII bomber fortress that takes quite some time to climb to altitude on those four radial engines. I've always figured that I flew B-29's in my prior life, but I think I made a mistake, and it was the P-51! :-hah Yet, looking at those four engines out the windscreens in the VC just looks cool!Shockwave does an impressive damage scenario too, with the prop damage as can be seen in the video. Since I just jumped into this aircraft without reading any manuals regarding V-speeds, flaps, etc, I did manage to settle to ground when retracting the flaps to early. The props bending as it skids along the ground looks quite authentic!Anyway, this aircraft does have more of a fps hit than Shockwave's FSX Spitfire, but I'd expect that, due to showing more detail and instrumentation. In the end, I still prefer flying those more sporty Spit's, P-38's and Mustangs!L.Adamson

Being the B17 junkie that I am I had to have it.. I think its a nice plane and performs well in the FSX environment.

Guest Stoopy

Valkyrie321, like many others I downloaded and watched that video (just last night) and it is very nice - kudos!If I may, can I offer some positive constructive criticism? These were thoughts I had while watching the video and I don't normally speak out (but I was wishing at the time I could say it to the video maker) - the video editing, transitions, color wiping effects are nicely done and all, but I found that while watching the video they frequently interefered somewhat with getting a good visual "feel" of the actual product. Maybe I'm getting old....but some more long, sweeping, multiple-second panning shots with no color wipes or fades would have been appreciated. Would have been nice to see the sunlight flashing on any dynamic shine surfaces, etc...I'm a sucker for that.I know Shockwave probably paid for a snazzy, upscale video feel and your work definitely accomplishes it. But as a tool for selling a product, I felt myself wanting to see more of the plane and not so much of the video effects (maybe that's the idea, leaving the prospective customer wanting more?).Offered as humble input FWIW....Thanks for listening and again, nice work.

Was there ever a front gear variant in the real world aircraft? Or am I thinking it was the B-29 that used both? My Grandpa flew a B-24 weather recon. aircraft in WWII and I know those were all made with the front gear assembly.Jeff

Jeff

I've never seen a B-17 with a nose wheel, and never seen a B-29 as a tail dragger. I do have WWII training films for both. L.Adamson

Well, my last chance to make sense here is the B-19? Larry, what do you know about this one?Jeff

Jeff

Guest Valkyrie321

>Can I ask you what film editing software you're using? Sony Vegas :)

Guest Valkyrie321

Absolutely intended. You always want the customer to want more. This is not a simple product either. There are MANY unlisted features that people will find as they continue to utilize this aircraft.What you discussed was thoroughly discussed. Shockwave wanted a new angle on filming and I happened to catch their attention. My style is to keep people watching, not only so they want to see more but also to allow customers to WATCH the WHOLE film. I am showcasing my own work as well :)Simply put, most people who watch "showcase" videos don't finish watching them. They make up their mind within the first minute of a film whether or not they will purchase. I attempt to "catch" their attention and keep a hold of them. I learned to film like this long before I did this commercially.Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed the video :)>Valkyrie321, like many others I downloaded and watched that>video (just last night) and it is very nice - kudos!>> *SNIPPED*>>I felt myself wanting to see more of>the plane and not so much of the video effects (maybe that's>the idea, leaving the prospective customer wanting more?).>>Offered as humble input FWIW....Thanks for listening and>again, nice work.