Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Sim update 6 tomorrow 19 Oktober

10 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Well, i do not think they changed anything on the actual update process at all but i have to say that i have none issues on an update for the Sim since the beginning.. ( August 2020 )

cheers 😉

For curiosity sake, are you using default install folder, on your Win 10 / 11 system partition ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ive had several issues updating. In steam i have about 400 hours logged as playing the sim, but 90% of that was downloading (or trying to) updates, as steam counts downloading time towards playing time. I still get the do you want to start in safe or normal mode question every time i start the sim, since su5. Edit: it takes 2 mins from when i 1st double click the msfs icon for any sign the sim is loading, in total it takes 6 mins to get to the menus lol

Edited by tyke1

8 minutes ago, jcomm said:

For curiosity sake, are you using default install folder, on your Win 10 / 11 system partition ?

Yes, I am.

I'm thinking of changing that if I'm having update issues.

Now MSFS it's installed on a 1Tb SSD Samsung NVMe, the same drive where Windows is installed.

The change would mean, perhaps, buying another SSD and dedicating it exclusively to MSFS.

Cheers.

16 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Win 10 Drive C is the Sim stuff ( default ) itself,

Drive D is the Community and Official Folder what is stored in the user.opt and gets set from the Updater.

Watch out if you doeing something with your user.opt file where your update Folder is saved in the last line of this file.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I was slightly underwhelmed with the fix list from a PERSONAL perspective. I only fly the FBW A320 and I couldn't see any improvements that I would notice. Will see what comes with SU7!

1 hour ago, John Fields said:

Well... I had a very bad time with the WU6 update.

After hours of trying unsuccessfully to get the update, it was installed on another location! Everything was a mess. I couldn't start MSFS and I couldn't uninstall the game either. So, finally, I uninstalled Windows. Then I installed MSFS and everything was back to "normal", but it was a time consuming task!

I hope this time it will be easier!

Regards.

Steam or MS Store?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

10 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Steam or MS Store?

MS Store.

I have to say that never I had problems with update before SU6.

I hope this time it will be OK! 

Cheers.

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

You're incorrect: "We are just a few days out from the release of Sim Update 6! The new build will go live on October 19th with many anticipated bug fixes from the community."

hm, isn't a build for the beta testing only? on the roadmap the final release is scheduled for Oct21, see https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-october-14th-2021-development-update/461858 or did I miss something?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

-Improved auto rudder assistance crosswind cancellation to make it smooth over 0 to 500ft, instead of brutal on/off on takeoff

If they've pulled this off properly I'd be very grateful!!

I wish they would improve ground handling/friction soon too, but it's slated for next year. At least it's in the pipeline!

• Like 2

October 21st from the development roadmap (Thursday)

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

55 minutes ago, DAD said:

hm, isn't a build for the beta testing only? on the roadmap the final release is scheduled for Oct21, see https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-october-14th-2021-development-update/461858 or did I miss something?

It says TBA; and this TBA is looking for me for this one: The new build will go live on October 19th with many anticipated bug fixes from the community.

But could be wrong anyway..

cheers 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I'm already starting to feel a lump of anxiety in my stomach.

Started taking my medication today already ...😆😂😁

• Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

37 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

But could be wrong anyway..

If we believe what this thread says:

It's to-morrow...! And if I remember correctly, updates are generally released on a Tuesday... like to-morrow!

• Like 3

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2,