Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Sim update 6 tomorrow 19 Oktober

2 hours ago, John Fields said:

MS Store.

I have to say that never I had problems with update before SU6.

I hope this time it will be OK! 

Cheers.

I've noticed a very strong trend of those suffering from random installation issues during updates are mainly on the MS Store version, Steam versions don't appear to be affected by these issues (as much at least).

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, DAD said:

hm, isn't a build for the beta testing only? on the roadmap the final release is scheduled for Oct21, see https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-october-14th-2021-development-update/461858 or did I miss something?

As already mentioned that quote is direct from MS in last week's weekly blog thing.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 hours ago, pmplayer said:

I know and seeing these notes, but release notes are one thing, what we realy get and how this perform what we get is often mutch different and another story..

cheers 😉

Wait my crystal ball is warming up , and should be running  by 10-19-21. 🤗

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wait my crystal ball is warming up , and should be running  by 10-19-21. 🤗

Why have you got 19 + months in a year ? .. Nevermind .. just realized it's a US thing ..😆

Just joking with you Bob .. lets hope tomorrow is a good day. Fingers crossed.

Edited by SAPilot
  • Like 8

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

I've noticed a very strong trend of those suffering from random installation issues during updates are mainly on the MS Store version, Steam versions don't appear to be affected by these issues (as much at least).

Yes, I think you're right.

May be I'll wait until Wednesday 20th and to get the update.

Regards.

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

I've noticed a very strong trend of those suffering from random installation issues during updates are mainly on the MS Store version,

Imho there's too much dependencies between XBox App, MS Store, Gaming Services and whatnot. Just yesterday trying to start MSFS brought me to the Gaming Services in MS Store, although they were installed. Had to use the powershell as administrator and some cryptic command to fix the issue.( For those running into the same problem, here's how: Section "REINSTALL GAMING SERVICES"). In the very beginning a SimUpdate forced me to reinstall the game, and of course the legendary "you need to install the XBox App to get SU5" affected me too. It's somewhat ridiculuos, to say the least.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

2 hours ago, SAPilot said:

Why have you got 19 + months in a year ? .. Nevermind .. just realized it's a US thing ..😆

Just joking with you Bob .. lets hope tomorrow is a good day. Fingers crossed.

I guess October is also US thing 😁

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

In preparation for the update I've disabled all the addons in Addons Linker, set my UserCfg.opt file back to within default limits (LOD back to 2.0 on both), and made a backup copy of it. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

8 hours ago, jcomm said:

I never had similar problems again when I started installing MFS to it's suggested default folder.

This turned out possible after I assembled my new rig with a 1 TB C : partition....

Never experienced any quirks again. Before it was sometimes trroublesome to update. I had the main install in C : and the "data" folders under F : on another SSD.

Absolutely:  KISS is the goal.  I don't have problems w/ CTD, installs, reinstalls, updates, never had a problem except briefly post SU5 (the Xbox update) with about 3 CTD until they hot fixed that.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

34 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Imho there's too much dependencies between XBox App, MS Store, Gaming Services and whatnot. Just yesterday trying to start MSFS brought me to the Gaming Services in MS Store, although they were installed. Had to use the powershell as administrator and some cryptic command to fix the issue.( For those running into the same problem, here's how: Section "REINSTALL GAMING SERVICES"). In the very beginning a SimUpdate forced me to reinstall the game, and of course the legendary "you need to install the XBox App to get SU5" affected me too. It's somewhat ridiculuos, to say the least.

Thank you, Tom!

• Like 1

My guess is there will be a few that before this update is over, will be reinstalling windows......🙄

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

35 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Yep totally agree, far too much background faff to warrant a simple game launch. It's convoluted and no doubt causing issues for people.

• Like 3

I just had a real good smooth flight this AM.....which of course means a SU is coming!    Time to figure out all of the changes that have messed up my sim so I can fly smooth again in a week or so........

• Like 2

Week from now we'll be laughing about this update, or still involved in figuring out how to do it.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe