Sign in to follow this  
pmplayer

Sim update 6 tomorrow 19 Oktober

35 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

I saw that it's for 21 october.

Click that and read.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

My guess is there will be a few that before this update is over, will be reinstalling windows......🙄

Or maybe changing their motherboards too...😅

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Yep totally agree, far too much background faff to warrant a simple game launch. It's convoluted and no doubt causing issues for people.

So true.  It's almost as if they think people who sim like going through .. hmm, whats the word ...  a checklist of steps ... and running involved procedures ... just to start something up.

Who do they think we are!?

(so sorry.. couldnt resist)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Republic3D said:

In preparation for the update I've disabled all the addons in Addons Linker, set my UserCfg.opt file back to within default limits (LOD back to 2.0 on both), and made a backup copy of it. 

In preparation for the update I will do nothing - other than try to get in a few hours of flight simming this evening.  For the record, I have never disabled add-ons when doing an update (and I have 300Gb of add-ons in my Community folder) and never experienced a single issue with an update.  The simple fact is the update process does not touch the Community folder.  Of course, there are have been many 3rd party mods (along with core components of MSFS) that have been "broken" by sim updates, but that is an entirely different discussion and those issues are generally sorted out quickly with mod updates from those developers.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, MarcG said:

You're incorrect: "We are just a few days out from the release of Sim Update 6! The new build will go live on October 19th with many anticipated bug fixes from the community."

Is the community now creating the bug fixes?   😄

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, Republic3D said:

In preparation for the update I've disabled all the addons in Addons Linker, set my UserCfg.opt file back to within default limits (LOD back to 2.0 on both), and made a backup copy of it. 

Same here. Won't touch the sim until tomorrow ...

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Three flights so far in my DC6 today for my VA, and I may try to get one more in today.   

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, PlumCrazy said:

In preparation for the update I will do nothing - other than try to get in a few hours of flight simming this evening.  For the record, I have never disabled add-ons when doing an update (and I have 300Gb of add-ons in my Community folder) and never experienced a single issue with an update.  The simple fact is the update process does not touch the Community folder.  Of course, there are have been many 3rd party mods (along with core components of MSFS) that have been "broken" by sim updates, but that is an entirely different discussion and those issues are generally sorted out quickly with mod updates from those developers.

You're talking complete common sense again!  Are you sure you belong here Plum?! :laugh:

• Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I hope everyone's ready to complain that issues which were never slated to be fixed have indeed not been fixed!😇

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

38 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I hope everyone's ready to complain that issues which were never slated to be fixed have indeed not been fixed!😇

I fully expect INPUT.KEY_MENU_WM_ZOOM_DECR to be gone from my World menu.. 🙂

.. or I will complain!

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert

41 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

You can bet on that for sure. It will start two seconds after the update is dropped. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

53 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

LMAO!!! No, of course they'll ask first, in rhetorical astonishment, weather their pet issue is fixed or not. When the release notes are right there in front of them for the readin'.

And then they'll complain.  Because why waste an opportunity to spread your griping across two separate posts (or more!!!!) instead of just one?

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 4

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Same here. Won't touch the sim until tomorrow ...

I am seriously considering not to touch actually avsim from tomorrow until the usual suspects made clear in various posts that there are still bugs left and MSFS is still in beta after one year

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

44 minutes ago, DAD said:

I am seriously considering not to touch actually avsim from tomorrow until the usual suspects made clear in various posts that there are still bugs left and MSFS is still in beta after one year

it's almost time for Monday Nite Football's weekly pre-game segment: "Come on Man!"
You have a base at Love Field (KDAL)! 
Show some "Love"!
Come on Man!

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I’m flying off to Hungary for the first time since the pandemic, so, will let you all discover this new update, and I’ll download it once I’m back. Of course I’ll check In here for a laugh/to see how it’s gone later in the week 😉 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith