Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Of ONE thing...I'm convinced!

Regarding P3d v5.2, I am convinced of doing one thing for sure.  When performance starts to "de-grade", delete the Shaders Folder (as many on this forum have already stated).  P3d v5.2 works very well for me and I'm very pleased with its performance 99.9% of the time.  So, when I change my graphics driver to a new one, I usually always make sure my Shader folder is deleted and I even delete my P3d config ONLY when I change the graphics driver.

However, during my daily flights there usually is a point after many days and many flights, that I start to see a degradation of performance manifested by intermittent stutters or intermittent pauses.  It is at THIS time that I go back to that now cluttered Shader folder and ZAP IT!  After that my smooth flights seem to resume with no performance issues.  I don't know if others can attest to this action, but it sure seems to work for me.

Stan

• Like 2

Are you talking about the Windows  dx 12 shaders or shaders in P3D? Or both?

Sherm

1 hour ago, shermank said:

Are you talking about the Windows  dx 12 shaders or shaders in P3D? Or both?

Sherm

The ones in P3D.

• Like 1

LM should add an option for the sim to automatically delete shader cache before every flight. Shader reload lat maybe 20 seconds here, so I'm fine with that.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I start the Windows Disc Cleaner including DX12 Shaders before every flight. Since then I haven't had any problems with Device_Hung.

Thomas

• Like 2

Thomas

Using MSFS - ORBX Products - PMDG 737- VRinsight MCP Combo II
Saitek Yoke and 2 Saitek Throttles and T.A320 Joystick - 4 Monitors

...agree !

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

11 hours ago, Pe11e said:

LM should add an option for the sim to automatically delete shader cache before every flight. Shader reload lat maybe 20 seconds here, so I'm fine with that.

Since 5.2 or even earlier, it is possible to delete shader cache during the flight. Best way to do it is to define a key combination.

• Like 3

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 10/18/2021 at 6:06 PM, spilok said:

Regarding P3d v5.2, I am convinced of doing one thing for sure.  When performance starts to "de-grade", delete the Shaders Folder (as many on this forum have already stated).  P3d v5.2 works very well for me and I'm very pleased with its performance 99.9% of the time.  So, when I change my graphics driver to a new one, I usually always make sure my Shader folder is deleted

Does this refer to the folder named ShadersHLSL in the P3D V5 root folder ?

33 minutes ago, jfri said:

Does this refer to the folder named ShadersHLSL in the P3D V5 root folder ?

I am referring to the Users/name/appdata/local/lockheedmartin/P3d5/shaders  folder.  That's the one I delete.

• Like 1

For those of us that remember command line DOS, a script to delete shaders should be a cinch.

• Like 1

Jeff Callender

Lorbi Addon Organiser has a delete shaders function in the tools.  

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Lorbi Addon Organiser has a delete shaders function in the tools.  

Now...that's great information.  I will definitely try that function.

I use the s key to reload shaders while sim is running. That way I can use ENVSHADE to make adjustments during flight if I so desire. 

Vic green

21 hours ago, spilok said:

I am referring to the Users/name/appdata/local/lockheedmartin/P3d5/shaders  folder.  That's the one I delete.

What is the difference between the above shaders and the ShadersHLSL in the P3D V5 root folder?
Which should be deleted and when?

Cheers

Steve Hall