Sign in to follow this  
Agrajag

HELP! Parking Brake Won't Release

Okay, just yesterday this started happening and now I can't get it to NOT do it. This generally means I have a duplicate binding for Parking Brakes, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Here's what I run:

FS2020 with Aerosoft CRJ

Peripherals: Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, CH rudder pedals.

Axis and Ohs for LVAR handling for the Alpha and Bravo

FSUIPC 7 (for Self-Loading Cargo)

I installed FSUIPC 7 yesterday to get Self-Loading Cargo working.

I have NO bindings for Parking Brake except on the keyboard where I made it CTRL-~ for testing.

I tried running with FSUIPC loaded (and of course no Self-Loading Cargo) and without Axis and Ohs and nothing seems to release the brakes.

I tried uninstalling FSUIPC as well. No luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Agrajag

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

Watch the action of the lever and pedals while it happens, it may be releasing and then resetting itself, one right after the other.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Try finding the saved profiles for your peripherals in the MSFS folders (can google their location) and delete them. You'll have to reasign your bindings but MSFS should treat them then as though you are using them for the first time.

You could also try going into windows app settings, finding MSFS and hit the repair button in case something is corrupted.

I have the same problem, with the parking brake not releasing, but only with the FBW A320. I have mentioned this on the support thread on their Discord and  much was looked at, but they say it is not related to the FBW!

It does not happen with any other plane, and I have loaded the FBW in an empty Community folder as well. Each binding was looked at for duplications and the controllers were unplugged too. In Dev mode looking at "Brake" in the filter, it was seen to be 50 at both left and right pedals - which should be set at 0 each, or so support has told me. I can't get them to zero and the sensitivity is correct, as I say it does not happen with any other plane.

If someone has an indication as to what may be causing this, I would like to know.

Thanks

Martin

Edited by sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

5 hours ago, Agrajag said:

Okay, just yesterday this started happening and now I can't get it to NOT do it. This generally means I have a duplicate binding for Parking Brakes, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Here's what I run:

FS2020 with Aerosoft CRJ

Peripherals: Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo, CH rudder pedals.

Axis and Ohs for LVAR handling for the Alpha and Bravo

FSUIPC 7 (for Self-Loading Cargo)

I installed FSUIPC 7 yesterday to get Self-Loading Cargo working.

I have NO bindings for Parking Brake except on the keyboard where I made it CTRL-~ for testing.

I tried running with FSUIPC loaded (and of course no Self-Loading Cargo) and without Axis and Ohs and nothing seems to release the brakes.

I tried uninstalling FSUIPC as well. No luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

When this happened to me, it was because I had not released the pushback truck, yep, I felt like a total newb.............................................

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

8 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

When this happened to me, it was because I had not released the pushback truck, yep, I felt like a total newb.............................................

Would that stick from game to game? I've quit and come back. I did add Toolbar Pushback as well (and now got rid of it) and had an issue with the brakes then, but that cleared quickly.

Edited by Agrajag

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

10 hours ago, sauviat said:

In Dev mode looking at "Brake" in the filter, it was seen to be 50 at both left and right pedals - which should be set at 0 each, or so support has told me.

Martin, how do you find this in Dev Mode? I know how to turn that on, but not specifically where to look for this.

I had a parking brake issue for a year or so, but only rarely and only in a few planes. The cockpit camera would show the brake being released but the plane would not move. I changed planes using Dev Mode and this new other plane would work fine. Changed back to the original plane and now it worked too. Once in awhile the issue comes back and I do the same thing which always fixes it.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I just checked and it was just the CRJ. The 172 and King Air both had no issues. Also doesn't seem to matter which controller profiles I have set. 

Edited by Agrajag

I just got the answer (I'm 99% sure anyway as I'm away from my setup). The Aerosoft people pointed out that the chocks are not a concept in FS but to emulate it they act like brakes so, if you have the chocks in place (which I likely did as I didn't care about moving just then, just getting the brake to release) you get a Parking Brake light. Wow. Cool that they found a work-around, but an odd one to be sure.

12 hours ago, Agrajag said:

Martin, how do you find this in Dev Mode? I know how to turn that on, but not specifically where to look for this.

Hi, I'm not at the sim PC for a few hours, but drop me a pm to remind me and I'll respond on here the next time that the sim is running.

Thanks.

Martin

Edited by sauviat

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Hi, sorry for the delay, but it is here:

Developer Mode>Windows>Behaviours>LocalVariables>then use filter and type in brake. It will give you a list of all the variables for "brake".

A32NX_LEFT_BRAKE_PEDAL_INPUT - XXXX

A32NX_RIGHT_BRAKE_PEDAL_INPUT - XXXX

XXXX should read 0.000. Mine for both reads 50.000

Martin

Martin Parr

Thanks Martin!

I have the same problem with all airplanes, I don't fly the A320.... the only way to get out of it...pressing Y going into slwe mode and coming back. Then I will have power in the plane and no brakes!  ARGGGGG!

Chemanuel

I have this same problem. what seems to work for me is to press the left control, then it all seems to work.

Ryzen5800X, EVGA FTW 3080, 32GB RAM, Saitek Flight Stick