Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Free update - MSFS Game of the Year Edition

Good to see the early arrival of the Top Gun stuff. I'll be very interested to see their interpretation of a military jet. I wonder whether it'll be a cartoon or have some rigour to it. 

• Like 2

GOTY edition is for free all existing customers. Nice

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

"an updated weather system, early access to DX12, and a dev mode replay system"...

That's nice...Fingers crossed.....

Edited by earthdog
  • Like 4

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

November 18th - a nice surprise indeed!

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Love it!

But it is another example of this weird marketing department they have. Why release this news some hours before SU6? Could they not have waited until tomorrow? I am sure this will create some confussion 🙂

• Upvote 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

5 minutes ago, espent said:

Love it!

But it is another example of this weird marketing department they have. Why release this news some hours before SU6? Could they not have waited until tomorrow? I am sure this will create some confussion 🙂

Maybe they fear that many users will be angry after todays update and not appreciate the news 😉

• Like 5

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

I wonder what "early access" to DX12 means? I hope it's not like the FSX "DX10 Preview!"

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Great News!, some might not like MSFS and it is ok, but I have not seen so much engagement from a developer with the community in this hobby in the past as Asobo/MS are doing. It is true that each update requires an update for the update, but I admire all the hard work and commitment Asobo/MS have shown in the last year despite all problems we have all seen since release.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

Very interested in what the updated weather system entails.

• Like 3

Eric 

It's WU7 but with a few other bells and whistles.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

It's WU7 but with a few other bells and whistles.

It has 5 aircrafts, 8 airports, 8 photogrametry cities ++  Pretty big bells if you ask me.

• Like 6

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

6 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I wonder what "early access" to DX12 means? I hope it's not like the FSX "DX10 Preview!"

That's exactly what I thought off, FSX DX10 was a waste of time, I hope they're not going to repeat the same mistake.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.