Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Free update - MSFS Game of the Year Edition

I am most excited about the special Windows 11 themed livery for the Extra.  I have just enough room for it in my long-term storage hangar, there along with the Aviator's Club liveries I have forever mothballed!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well i certainly look forward to trying out DX12 and  appreciate Lugano(although in liquidation to be closed)  and LSZH plus the photogrammetry cities.

Nice. 

Just hope that this service update is revisionary and not revolutionary a la SU 5

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

12 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I wonder what "early access" to DX12 means? I hope it's not like the FSX "DX10 Preview!"

means you can have dx12 turned on or stay with what we have now 

12 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Very interested in what the updated weather system entails.

Me too... it's one of the most underwhelming things about MSFS and something badly needed when big tubeliners arrive (wx radar, accurate winds aloft, etc!)

• Like 3

Enrique Vaamonde

We'll see...

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

48 minutes ago, 6297J said:

Another Porter 🤣

I also reacted when I saw it, it looked like Milviz.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Looking forward to the Switzerland airport and LSZH in Germany 🤔

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

From the advertisement for the MSFS game of the year edition:

Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet: Our first military jet and a highly requested feature from the community. The Top Gun: Maverick expansion will release with the movie next Spring, but we wanted simmers to have the opportunity to test their need for speed this holiday.

Nice.  This means everyone who owns MSFS, even the Standard edition of MSFS, will get the F/A-18 Super Hornet on November 18th.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Still the old weird wind shield wiper effects ( not wiping the wind shield realistically). Is it such an insurmountable bug that we should wait till SU100 even to hope for a fix? It is not in their bug fix list even! Shame.

9 minutes ago, vinodkk said:

Still the old weird wind shield wiper effects ( not wiping the wind shield realistically). Is it such an insurmountable bug that we should wait till SU100 even to hope for a fix? It is not in their bug fix list even! Shame.

Is that even a bug? Isn't it rather just not implemented yet? But I agree, I would love to see this soon. Proper wiper effects add a lot to the atmosphere.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I feel like a ground loop where it's out of my control and I'm along for the ride.😶  Not sure what to make of this announcement and the timing of it.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

51 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I wonder what "early access" to DX12 means? I hope it's not like the FSX "DX10 Preview!"

It's an optional feature while they work out the kinks.

So yeah, it is more like the FSX DX10 preview, except this time they may actually finish it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2