Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Anyone using Aerosoft Navdata pro/charts?

Hi guys,

Quick question. I am thinking about using Aerosoft Navdata Pro for MSFS and would like to know if someone else has an opinion about it. Is it a good alternative to Navigraph? 

Its just i like the LIDO charts better than Jeppesen ones and Aerosofts charts software looks a bit more userfriendly.

So if anyone has used it and can say something about it, i'd be happy to hear!

Best regards,

Tom

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I have both products and I use them both for different reasons.  Like you, I actually prefer the LIDO Charts even though I grew up with Jeppessen.  I don't know about more user friendly, but the colored LIDO charts are awesome.

For full disclosure, note please that I am affliated with Aerosoft, however I don't believe there is a soul in the flight sim world who knows me who would question my ethics, honor or truthfulness.

Best wishes!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I love the LIDO charts but I feel like Navigraph is more robust. 

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

27 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have both products and I use them both for different reasons.  Like you, I actually prefer the LIDO Charts even though I grew up with Jeppessen.  I don't know about more user friendly, but the colored LIDO charts are awesome.

For full disclosure, note please that I am affliated with Aerosoft, however I don't believe there is a soul in the flight sim world who knows me who would question my ethics, honor or truthfulness.

Best wishes!

Thanks! May i ask....is the Aerosoft Navdata as complete as the navigraph one? Or is it just charts and no "addon" navdata?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

6 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Thanks! May i ask....is the Aerosoft Navdata as complete as the navigraph one? Or is it just charts and no "addon" navdata?

Good question...

Edited by iFlySimX

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

5 minutes ago, iFlySimX said:

Good question...

Considering the Title "Navdata" would suggest it being a database too but you never know 😛

On 10/19/2021 at 3:11 PM, ThomseN_inc said:

Considering the Title "Navdata" would suggest it being a database too but you never know 😛

I saw the title as "Aerosoft Navdata pro/charts". Maybe he changed it?

Anyway, I guess it can be a little confusing.  The produycts we have are:

NavDataPro Complete  (both charts and NavData)

NavDataPro Charts

NavDataPro

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:02 PM, ThomseN_inc said:

Our NavData Pro is exactly the one published and used by the International Carrier Luftasnsa, and used by many other carriers as well.  There are always differences between the Luftasnsa and Jeppesenn data, but for the most part the coverage is the same.  I believe you can Google for the differences between LIDO and Jepp.

Best wishes my friends!

EDIT: We also have a very inexpensive One-Month NavData Pro product if you'd like to try it.

Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Our NavData Pro is exactly the one published and used by the International Carrier Luftasnsa, and used by many other carriers as well.  There are always differences between the Luftasnsa and Jeppesenn data, but for the most part the coverage is the same.  I believe you can Google for the differences between LIDO and Jepp.

Best wishes my friends!

EDIT: We also have a very inexpensive One-Month NavData Pro product if you'd like to try it.

Thank you very much indeed for the clarification! I will definately give it a try! 

Best regards

On 10/20/2021 at 12:33 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

Best wishes!

Is the aerosoft app integrated with MSFS 2020? I mean, can it be accessed inside the sim by using the toolbar or some hotkey? Also, does it connect with the sim to provide relative aircraft position on the charts like the Navigraph app does?

The Aerosoft Navdata and the LIDO charts may be better or nicer but the ONE BIG problem is that the better planes out there (like the Fenix) only support Navigraph. So does Simbrief (obviously). So that's the end of Aerosoft's data for me.

19 hours ago, tup61 said:

The Aerosoft Navdata and the LIDO charts may be better or nicer but the ONE BIG problem is that the better planes out there (like the Fenix) only support Navigraph. So does Simbrief (obviously). So that's the end of Aerosoft's data for me.

Yes, I think acquiring Simbrief was a game changer for Navigraph.