Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

My MSFS Update Also Downloaded Windows 11

And with no warning or other notification!

I am not certain I want Windows 11 at this time.  Fortunately I seem to have TPM disabled in my BIOS and that blocks the Windows 11 download from installing.  As long as TPM 2.0 is disabled my system is evaluated as not meeting all requirements for Windows 11.  The system checker reports that Windows 10 will continue to be updated.

Anyone else have this experience.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm assuming this is a joke post?

If not, read the release notes...

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 3

WINDOWS 11 COLLABORATION
To celebrate the launch of Windows 11, from October 19th to November 18th, we have selected 11 landmarks across the globe that will be lit up in “Windows Blue” within Microsoft Flight Simulator. In addition, we are releasing a special Windows 11 themed livery for the EXTRA 330LT for simmers to add to their collection.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I am not certain I want Windows 11 at this time.  Fortunately I seem to have TPM disabled in my BIOS and that blocks the Windows 11 download from installing.  As long as TPM 2.0 is disabled my system is evaluated as not meeting all requirements for Windows 11.  The system checker reports that Windows 10 will continue to be updated.

It also downloaded an updated Boeing 747 and destroyed my house. I will sleep in a hotel tonight and sue Microsoft tomorrow first thing in the morning.

• Like 8

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I just saw this under the in game notification's, after installing the update (sim6) that Windows 11 was installed...

WTH?

Chris Camp

14 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I'm assuming this is a joke post?

Ran MS Store version of MSFS.  Check for Updates.  MSFS was listed.  It was the only thing listed.  Clicked get updates.  Went through the update process.  Verified MSFS version after update.  Quit to desktop.  Repeat, Quit to Desktop.  Upon reaching my Windows desktop I immediately received notification that Windows 11 had been downloaded but not installed.  Notification provided a link to check compatibility.  Took me to Windows 10 - Windows Update screen.  

No Joke here!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

16 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I would not be surprised if true. I mean there is no informed consent when they are collecting everybody's data, and bribing the governments of the world with their healthcare endeavors.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

So you guys seriously think that running an update on MSFS changes your OS?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

#Facepalm

Clearly an error in the explanation of the item downloaded, it's not Windows 11 so put the tin foil hats away!

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Just specific updates and POI's for the roll out of W11. If you check your Windows Update, in the CP, you'll notice it is still in the approved to upgrade stage.. No worries mates..

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

2 minutes ago, espent said:

So you guys seriously think that running an update on MSFS changes your OS?

I do not know if it would have changed my OS, but it clearly informed me that it had downloaded it. And did so in two places, a desktop notification and then upon landing at the Windows Updates screen. 

I have no idea whether it would have continued to installation had TPM 2.0 been enabled on my system because TPM 2.0 was currently disabled on my system.  But it clearly downloaded the Win 11 update.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I can't post a facepalm gif big enough for this thread....🙄

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fppilot said:

But it clearly downloaded the Win 11 update.

it's the bloomin livery...nothing for Win was downloaded

Just a coincidence then. Had nothing to do with updating MSFS.

Edited by Tuskin38

5 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Clearly an error in the explanation of the item downloaded, it's not Windows 11 so put the tin foil hats away!

Wrong! So put your own tin foil hat away!
The notification was on my Windows Desktop, not in the sim.  It even prompted me to run the compatibility checker and even pointed me to the app WindowsPCHealthCheckSetup.msi

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS