Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FBWA320 Registration still shows, even though I have it off

Although I have cleared out these values in the customization menu, the "ASX320" is appearing on my plane. I have checked the liverie's aircraft.cfg file and can't find where it's getting this "ASX320" from. This is annoying as most 3rd party liveries already have the registration baked into the texture.

image.png

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

41 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Although I have cleared out these values in the customization menu, the ASX320 is appearing on my plane. I have checked the liverie's aircraft.cfg file and can't find where it's getting this "ASX320" from.

image.png

Check a320neo/panel folder and see if the panel.cfg has been updated then edit in registration.html?display=none 

Edited by 40track

I think it is a default registration if nothing is entered in the customization screen. Now that the customization screen shows the, um, customizations again, maybe try entering just a space as the registration number?

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Where to find panel.cfg? I don't see that folder at all for my United liveries.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

45 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Where to find panel.cfg? I don't see that folder at all for my United liveries.

Official MSFS folder then ......a320neo  first folder then goto panel folder then panel.cfg then look in file for exterior.. and change registration.html?  .....2048....    to registration.html?display=none

Edited by 40track

This is for the FBWA320, not the default one. Are you sure I need to edit that file because it's in the Official MSFS folder, which is not where the FBWA320 installs to. Just want to make sure first before I start tinkering with any files.

40 minutes ago, captain420 said:

This is for the FBWA320, not the default one. Are you sure I need to edit that file because it's in the Official MSFS folder, which is not where the FBWA320 installs to. Just want to make sure first before I start tinkering with any files.

Ahh ok yep see if it its is there in the default a320neo/panel folder if not i dont know where it would be. im assuming its using the default a320 using an updated panel.cfg SU6 patched file.

Can you check if the default a320neo/panel/panel.cfg file has been updated? if so edit back to ?display=none

Edited by 40track

I found it. So it should say texture = $Registration?display=none?

image.png

Edited by captain420
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I found it. So it should say texture = $Registration?display=none?

image.png

As below

Edit painting00=   line in [Vpainting01] to look like below.

[VPainting01]
size_mm                = 2048,512
texture                = $RegistrationNumber
location             = exterior
painting00=Registration/Registration.html?display=none 

Then save file.

Edited by 40track

Thanks. I found an alternative way to get rid of it also. You can edit the main aircraft.cfg file for the FBWA320 and comment out this line. I'm not sure what the best method is to go about doing this though.

image.png

Edited by captain420
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Thanks. I found an alternative way to get rid of it also. You can edit the main aircraft.cfg file for the FBWA320 and comment out this line. I'm not sure what the best method is to go about doing this though.

image.png

Ok good find. 

Best method is your way or edit the panel.cfg file as mentioned as last resort.

Also if other Aircraft liveries have the ASX320 returned do the same as above.

Edited by 40track