Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

SU6 now available.

1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Pretty smooth update ... on my MS Store version PC updated via MS Store Get Updates first, then ran MSFS and it updated, then went to content manager and had 36 pending updates and updated all those.

For my Steam version on my other PC, Steam ran an update, launched MSFS after Steam update, MSFS updated, went to content manager and ran pending updates.

So far no issues, not sure what the thread about changing paths and doing a lot of extra work was about for this update?  Wasn't required on either of my MS Store or Steam installs ... but when I read stories about people setting core files are "read only" and virtualizing paths and other bizarre changes I guess those users probably should expect update problems.

Anyway, so far so good, now I need to test my product.

Cheers, Rob.

John Fields was not paying attention during SU5 Rob. MSFS installeld to the default C. Instead of the drive MSFS was installed to.

There followed about 5 days of John trying to put things right - So I posted the screen shot to tell him to check this is correct before proceeding (otherwise, another week of messing about).

4 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

So far no issues, not sure what the thread about changing paths and doing a lot of extra work was about for this update?  Wasn't required on either of my MS Store or Steam installs ... but when I read stories about people setting core files are "read only" and virtualizing paths and other bizarre changes I guess those users probably should expect update problems.

Anyway, so far so good, now I need to test my product.

Cheers, Rob.

Exactly!

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

35 minutes ago, espent said:

Of course a game dont update your OS.

This is related to the Win11 themes written about in the newsletter

Well it doesn't say that!!!!

It specifically say "Windows 11 has been successfully downloaded"!

Chris Camp

55 minutes ago, Noel said:

That's right Steam is for people who can't follow the simple instructions to insure you're signed into the Xbox App and MS Store.  Zero issues ever with any install, reinstall, update, etc using the MS Store.

Gee that was sure challenging.  Just landed in Geneva, to desktop, then to MS Store:

spacer.png

I had zero issues with the MS Store version for the first year and then disaster - SU5 would not install.  Four days of research to find the cause (with much help from the community).  As I have a large library of games from Steam and never had a download issue, I changed to the steam version.  The initial MSFS SU6 updated before I opened Steam to check if the update was there.

I find your supercilious attitude to those having problems deplorable.  Either chip in with suggestions to help or stay quiet.

• Like 5

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Some mods are borked such as the pms530. I dare say they will be fixed before too long.

47 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I only had a 4.93 GB downloads for the standard edition. For the first time ever, I actually have a reasonable download speed -- and by reasonable I mean greater than the 5 to 10 Mbits I usually get during these updates. 

I'm still getting between 5-10 MBs

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

No night lighting fixes in the change log? 

Not sure but it doesn't look any or much better than before. At least the sepia mask's still very visible.:kecewa:

UGsl93s.jpg

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Yup compared to rest of sim night time is so the opposite 😞 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

1 minute ago, Shack95 said:

Not sure but it doesn't look any or much better than before. At least the sepia mask's still very visible.:kecewa:

UGsl93s.jpg

ugh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

Hmmm...  That doesn't look too good.  :sad:  The suburbs in the distance look brighter than the main part underneath.

For people getting the W11 update alongside this, it is purely coincidental; they are bringing more and more people into the W11 mix each day.  Mine is being scheduled apparently.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Been using W11 for some time now its very good - no reason for all the doom and gloom 🙂 

• Like 6

Rich Sennett

AMD system .. W11 do not want.. at least till December. Don't want it taking up space on my HDD either with some background download.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Very smooth update process here. Less than half an hour until first take of.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).