Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Just Flight’s BAe 146

5 minutes ago, bendead said:

Same goes for the flight planning, we won't be able to use the one integrated with MSFS.

Please provide source for this statement

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

14 minutes ago, bendead said:

I am sure we will get some recent airac at launch but if you want something up to date you will need to subscribe to Navigraph.

Same goes for the flight planning, we won't be able to use the one integrated with MSFS.

I heard that WT will be working on the flight planner after the G1000nxi, I hope it will included 3rd party access to those elements

Ah ok, for me personally I don’t need an up to date airac, I get by with what’s available, I was a sub to navigraph a little while back and while a great piece of software, I can do without. 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

11 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Please provide source for this statement

Just flight product page :

"Navigraph database support for up-to-date AIRAC cycles"

If we can't use MSFS data, I don't see how we can use the flight planner, like the CRJ

Edited by bendead

2 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Ah ok, for me personally I don’t need an up to date airac, I get by with what’s available, I was a sub to navigraph a little while back and while a great piece of software, I can do without. 

Samething here, I am using LNM for the planning on the CRJ and if a waypoint is missing I just change my route

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bendead said:

Just flight product page :

If we can't use MSFS data, I don't see how we can use the flight planner, like the CRJ

two totally different issues...  The crj cannot use the inbuilt flight planner because it has deliberately overriden its use to use it's own hard coded systems...  the fact that the 146 supports Navigraph doesn't in any way say it cannot use existing data from within MSFS..  

in fact  ANY aircraft in MSFS  has Navigraph support for up-to-date AIRAC cycles as any aircraft (except the CRJ) can use that data.

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

10 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

the fact that the 146 supports Navigraph doesn't in any way say it cannot use existing data from within MSFS

Last time I checked, MS kept MSFS navdata up to date

10 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

The crj cannot use the inbuilt flight planner because it has deliberately overriden its use to use it's own hard coded systems...

No, WASM addon cannot read MSFS navdata as of now, that's why Aerosoft used an external solution

Edited by bendead

29 minutes ago, bendead said:

Last time I checked, MS kept MSFS navdata up to date

No, MSFS AIRAC data is usually a couple of schedules behind and in some cases is not as comprehensive as Navigraph...  in fact adding Navigraph actually adds a couple of airports to your system and in some cases adds additional navigation points.

29 minutes ago, bendead said:

No, WASM addon cannot read MSFS navdata as of now, that's why Aerosoft used an external solution

No.. Aerosoft deliberately used a .pln format with import from Simbrief (which can be updated from Navigraph) to reduce their development times and to use a restricted Lufthansa database that ONLY lists runways long enough to land the CRJ on.  They also deliberately restricted flight planning to the FMC to more closely mirror real world usage (according to their initial blogs)   WASM has nothing to do with it and in fact other aircraft that also use WASM CAN access the inbuilt flight planner.  The CRJ SPECIFICALLY excludes it.

Even Aerosoft have stated it is possible to use the MSFSFlight Planner if they want to do so, and they may consider including it in the future.

Edited by Moria15

45 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

Aerosoft deliberately used a .pln format with import from Simbrief (which can be updated from Navigraph) to reduce their development times

Please provide source for this statement.😉

WASM has nothing to do with it

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/163420-navdata-update-for-fs2020-what-does-this-mean-for-the-crj-fms/&do=findComment&comment=1040079

other aircraft that also use WASM CAN access the inbuilt flight planner.  The CRJ SPECIFICALLY excludes it.

What other complex aircraft? that is not using existing even if improved MSFS assets

Edited by bendead

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1259137759?t=3361s

Fabio gave a sneak peak of the current state of the 146. It is all from inside the hangar so don’t have too high expectations.

It does look really good and I love the analog gauges.

• Like 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

This looks great and Just Flight posted some more preview shots of the F.28 today…anyone looking for historic regional jets will “soon” be spoiled!

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

So very excited to get this, having been lucky enough to be a passenger (as a teenager In the 1990s teenage years) on numerous 146 United Express flights O’hare to Milwaukee and back (bicycle distance!).  My little brother and I called them “Mini-jets” (our own term in the days before ERJs and CRJs)...Mmmm...I can smell the reek of jet exhaust whenever you’d have to pause during taxiing now! (For real, after the DC-9 and 727 my favorite jet...and excited about the F28 too...missed flying on them even though I saw them...though I DID fly on the second ever revenue flight of an American Airlines F100...that new plane smell and a landing over downtown Chicago...priceless teenage memories I’m very thankful for.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

This looks great and Just Flight posted some more preview shots of the F.28 today…anyone looking for historic regional jets will “soon” be spoiled!

The 146 and Fellowship are Instabuys for me!

I'm very excited!!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Instant buy for me on day one. I’ve been looking forward to this kind of flying and I think I this plane will be lotsa fun! Lots of little hops around the Great Lakes in snowy weather with analog gauges. My kind of flying. 

I think that developers of any aircraft just need to include in their EFBs a tab with the excellent app map "charts in game panel" that can include Navigraph in the upper toolbar in FS2020, exactly and complete like their desktop PC Navigraph chart, I think there is no problem from Navigraph, even better.

My last flight I did it with the Navigraph charts in game panel in the same position as the 146 EFB in VR, and the next will be so, sure, with the route map with the position of the aircraft, charts, overlays etc. etc., and hoping and waiting a screen of the FMS, maybe in the middle like actually the weather radar but with more features like the FMS route map together with WX and TCAS etc., like more modern aircraft screens?

A custom FMS that uses the real 146 nowadays would be the ideal, but that I know it is more difficult and not able in a shorter period of time.

I miss too in this type of aircraft the ability of switch on the MORSE sound in the radio volumes etc. panel of the syntonized ILS-VOR, I don´t know if it is a bug or not implemented yet, or I am doing something wrong.

Edited by peloto