Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

FSRealistic is coming !

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I tried FSRealistc with FlyIinside B-47 and I very like it!

OK, there's the endorsement i was looking for,.. if it's good for helos, I'm in.  🤙

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

The sounds are perhaps too loud if you play in headset mode like me, i had to turn the overall volume down to 50, it feels more realistic to my hears. I will buy this nice add on for sure.

Edited by webstef68

FSRealistic adds to the realism of the sim, it works well and you can set it to the sounds you want, well worth the £12.99 from Just Flight.

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

Is this program only suited for airliners?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

17 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Is this program only suited for airliners?

Not at all, it is also very good for GA aircraft, there are some videos on you tube showing it being used with light aircraft.

Edited by Scimiter
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

6 hours ago, webstef68 said:

The sounds are perhaps too loud if you play in headset mode like me, i had to turn the overall volume down to 50, it feels more realistic to my hears. I will buy this nice add on for sure.

I fly Sim GA and never took a flight for real with headphones on. In real life, can someone tell me if the various sounds are still heard with pilot headphones on? I know you would feel the rumbles etc. Thanks.

Maybe I found the answer but any real world pilot, please let me know. 

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/11295/do-anr-headsets-affect-pilots-perception-of-engine-problems

https://www.lightspeedaviation.com/blog-posts/how-anr-headsets-help-make-you-a-safer-pilot/

Edited by 69Yanks
added

1 hour ago, 69Yanks said:

I fly Sim GA and never took a flight for real with headphones on. In real life, can someone tell me if the various sounds are still heard with pilot headphones on? I know you would feel the rumbles etc. Thanks.

Maybe I found the answer but any real world pilot, please let me know. 

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/11295/do-anr-headsets-affect-pilots-perception-of-engine-problems

https://www.lightspeedaviation.com/blog-posts/how-anr-headsets-help-make-you-a-safer-pilot/

It depends on what headset you are wearing!. Active nose reduction headset significantly reduce sound, although one still hear engine or air vents.

I setup FS realistic how I get to used to hear thing in my personal experience. I use Bose A20 ANR headset IRL. So a lot of times volume slider goes down. Some oeffect I turn off completely. For example ground effect. IRL I don't hear "ground effect" so this option is odd to me. Although I should say you do hear sound changes when I do. stall or slow flight

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

31 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

IRL I don't hear "ground effect" so this option is odd to me.

Yes.  I can understand it for helicopters, but not other aircraft.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Is it possible to adjust the volume for each effect separately?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I'm not sold on this yet. I bought it for X-Plane but found myself turning most of the effects off or down as they were grossly exegeted by default. The sounds are something that a plane developer could just incorporate anyway if they wished surely?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

...The sounds are something that a plane developer could just incorporate anyway if they wished surely?

I suppose they could if they are bothered to. 
Just Flight have put quite a few extra sounds in on their BAe Hawk, like heavy G breathing and air rumble over the wings on high G.

And the Milviz Porter has quite a few additional touches in the sound department.

I suppose most developers tend to just cover the basics to get the plane out of the door (not a criticism).  PS. Don't call me Shirley!  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes.  I can understand it for helicopters, but not other aircraft.

Well ground effect is reduction of induced drag I don't know a way to hear that! In my experience slow flight, stall, ground effect are all sound the same. Reduction of airflow, reduced power (although in slow flight power not reduced constantly ) make many things louder  because engine sound is not in climb or cruise mode.

Let me put thing I never hear when I'm in headset: rattling airframe unless it's pre stall buffet, squawking/rattling  sounds inside the cockpit during turbulence, rubber tire touch down sounds, flaps (electrical motor), wind striking windshield (unless I'm diving) . I understand that airline style flying is different from my! Their ear piece is different from my over ears headphones, and so they hear most stuff similar to pax. So tweak FSrealistic matching my personal experience and how I perceive sounds in the cockpit.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Hmm, it says there are 24 customised sounds (?) that doesn't sound very many for all the different kinds of aircraft, or do I assume similar sounds will be used for a Cessna as they would be for a King Air? Or does it mean 24 types of sounds but each specific to individual aircraft? Ground roll in particular sounds very specific to different aircraft.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

11 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hmm, it says there are 24 customised sounds (?) that doesn't sound very many for all the different kinds of aircraft, or do I assume similar sounds will be used for a Cessna as they would be for a King Air? Or does it mean 24 types of sounds but each specific to individual aircraft? Ground roll in particular sounds very specific to different aircraft.

The sounds are kind of generic, in a sense.  "Windshield sound", "cockpit ambience", "flap lever" and, inside of each, there are various optional sounds for various kinds of aircraft, from small GA all the way up to airliners.  There are wayyyy more than 24 sounds.  Probably 24 options with 4 to 14 sounds for each.  In addition, it has vibrations...like when you're rolling down the runway.  Overall, my take after 2 days...it adds something good...it does add to the feeling of being there and it's not earth shattering but not insignificant either.  It adds various little things to every aircraft that add up.  For me, well worth the 20 bucks.  

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM