Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

So the consensus is SU6 was a good patch?

Oh! And take-offs in cross-winds felt WAY better. Guess they have addressed this (haven't scrutinized the change log)?

• Like 6

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

With a few more flights under my belt...probably the best all-round VR experience of any flight sim I've had so far.

At altitude, while the colours are still a little too light, they are MUCH better than before with now the greens and browns showing through the blue haze rather than just over-exposed blue shining through the blue haze.   

Culminated in a take off, cross-country low level flight and landing in the excellent FlyingIron Simulations Spitfire IX.  Much better tail wheel behaviour.  And just lovely.

• Like 4

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

14 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Oh! And take-offs in cross-winds felt WAY better. Guess they have addressed this (haven't scrutinized the change log)?

• Improved auto rudder assistance crosswind cancellation to make it smooth over 0 to 500ft, instead of brutal on/off on takeoff
    • Improved pfactor for tail dragger airplanes
    • Improved free full castering for tail dragger airplanes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

stop overclocking it because MSFS does not mix well with overclocked hardware.

"Software does not mix well with systems that are unstable"
FTFY

Please don't spread this kind of misinformation. The fact is MSFS nor any other piece of software has zero clue if the system is being overclocked. Folks will experience errors with OC'ing if they haven't done proper stability testing to ensure there isn't other flaws. It tends to get blamed on the most used software because that's the last link in the chain.

Edited by ZLA Steve
  • Upvote 2

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

25 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Only one flight under my belt since the last patch (about 400NM in the WT CJ4). Flawless. Really good performance and great looks. Happy camper. Granted, only one flight is nothing. But balancing work, kids, photography and BJJ leaves little time for simming... :blink:

I hear you man

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

FTFY

Please don't spread this kind of misinformation. The fact is MSFS nor any other piece of software has zero clue if the system is being overclocked. Folks will experience errors with OC'ing if they haven't done proper stability testing to ensure there isn't other flaws. It tends to get blamed on the most used software because that's the last link in the chain.

This! The issue is the overclock is unstable, not MSFS or any software.

It’s like all the drama around the game New World and the dying 3090s. It’s not like the game is killing the GPUs because of a software problem, it’s just the GPUs probably had manufacturing issues and having all their power used made those issues show up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

FTFY

Put it this way. If you overclock your hardware but all you do is run Notepad on Windows and nothing else, chances are, your overclocking may not necessarily cause Notepad to crash (assuming Windows is still stable enough after you overclock your hardware).

Now you run MSFS and and your overclocking causes MSFS to crash.  There is a difference between MSFS and Notepad, get it?

Nothing I said was inaccurate.  Of course if you overclock, you should also test your system for stability. Of course overclocking can make your system more unstable.

But saying MSFS is the same as every other software out there is simply false. If anything, you are passing bad information.

MSFS is not the same as Notepad.  MSFS pushes your hardware much more strenuously than Notepad.  Please do not conflate MSFS as the same as every other software out there because it’s not the same.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Drop in frame rates for me and I haven't tested it enough to see any real benefits yet.  One issue I am experiencing as are a few others over at the other place is that starting a flight in certain locations just won't happen and the loading screen just stays there indefinitely until you have to manually end the sim.  For example, I can't load a flight from EGLC although oddly I can fly over it and land at it but can't start a flight there.  I thought it might be Orbx London scenery or their addon EGLC but I uninstalled both and it still won't load there.  Other places so far seem OK. 

25 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Put it this way. If you overclock your hardware but all you do is run Notepad on Windows and nothing else, chances are, your overclocking may not necessarily cause Notepad to crash (assuming Windows is still stable enough after you overclock your hardware).

Now you run MSFS and and your overclocking causes MSFS to crash.  There is a difference between MSFS and Notepad, get it?

Nothing I said was inaccurate.  Of course if you overclock, you should also test your system for stability. Of course overclocking can make your system more unstable.

But saying MSFS is the same as every other software out there is simply false. If anything, you are passing bad information.

MSFS is not the same as Notepad.  MSFS pushes your hardware much more strenuously than Notepad.  Please do not conflate MSFS as the same as every other software out there because it’s not the same.

I agree, I bet there is nothing on most people's PCs that puts as much stress on their system as a game like MSFS. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

For me it was a GREAT patch.  I had a late night working so it waited until I got up this morning and fired up MSFS to kick off the update.  The whole thing downloaded in 21 minutes while I ate my Raisin Bran and sipped my coffee, then I updated the stuff in the Content Manager which took another few minutes or so.

Yep, good update and very smooth process.  Shame I have to wait another month before the next one but I'll find something to fill the hours until then. 

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

The other patches didn't seem to harrass me and this one is giving alot of value so far. 👍

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I would have to say SU6 is the best update so far. Especially for PC users. And SU5 was the worst, which was understandable since that was due to the Xbox release.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 hours ago, crazydog said:

As a long time IT user, I do am fairly well versed with both software and hardware, and am generally aware when things are up.  No other program on my system is having problems, nor any attached devices.

I read some of your postings and wanted to ask, as a long time IT user why are you using third party apps to keep your drivers updated. Nothing beats going to the manufactures web site and obtaining the latest drivers they certify. As a user of flight simulator since 1989 you know hardware makes all the difference in how your sim performs. Looking at your system specs a few post down I see your video card barley meets min requirements. Whats going to happen when MSFS2020 updates to DX12. Hope you figure it out. 

On a side note, FS1 came out in 1982 and FS4 was in 1989. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

After SU6 my weather, which that always set "live" by default, switches to not "live" every time  I restart the sim. Anyone noticed it? 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI