Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

So the consensus is SU6 was a good patch?

3 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

After SU6 my weather, which that always set "live" by default, switches to not "live" every time  I restart the sim. Anyone noticed it? 

I discovered awhile back, that if I didn't check that it was on live weather when starting a flight, it would then start the next flight with live weather off. So on your next flight, make sure before you hit fly now, that live weather is selected. Then that will be your default. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Logitech Bluetooth Trackball sleep / timeout looks to be fixed.

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Takeoffs and landing in the logbook are still not right. I just flew 1 1/2 hours in the DC6 and the log shows I took off but never landed...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hello all,

This is probably the wrong place for what I am wanting but ... here goes.

Categorically, this is the best update ever and I am extremely happy with it. The colours in VR are much better and performance is good again. Most importantly, I have yet to have a CTD. This is brilliant. 

However, I have two issues with it, which are mystifying.

The first one is one mentioned by Bert Pieke with regard to registration letters not being on the Bonanza G36 He requested and got a fix for that. I had the same problem and had a back up for the Official folder. I applied that fix and it did not "fix" for me. I then deleted the aircraft and copied the entire aircraft from the Official back up to the new Official. No fix. I then tried a new aircraft (default C172) and that has no registration either. I am still in the process of trying other aircraft.

My second issue is even stranger, in that after I hit the second "Fly" button I cannot get to the bottom task bar ie Go back, or, return to the main menu etc. It is accessible right up until I click on the second "Fly" I have minimised my windows task bar and checked that I am in windowed mode in the sim. As it is now, the only way to get into the menu is to exit MSFS and start again. This process takes me about fifteen minutes for the full reload, and,  as such, it truly is a pain in the proverbial.

I have also changed the size of the MSFS window, so that it is completely separated and above the windows task bar, but there is still no access to the bottom MSFS taskbar which will allow me to return to the main menu.

Is there a techie who can help me, particularly with the second problem?

Regards

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I have even better performance in VR with SU6 and I was quite happy with smooth SU5 performance.
Was even able to add another 10 TAA and max cubemap reflections to my config for even sharper visuals!
Also added my 80GB worth of community folder mods back and everything is working fine. You can really feel they are coming along in great performance optimizations for the best hardware efficiencies.

Something all the past flight sim devs just couldn't quite nail on the head.

Happy camper here!🍻

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 5

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

10 hours ago, eemer said:

When taxiing at night, does anyone else notice the taxiway lights go out near the aircraft?

Yes...I have noticed this issue since at least the last update and it persists. As you taxi, the blue lights appear to go off as you get closer to each individual light. Also, during the daylight, my taxi light "lenses" are all solid yellow "tubes" instead of blue colored lenses on top of yellow stanchions. All in all a minor issue considering the scope of things, but it is kind of an immersion killer...especially at night taxiing around an airport.

Edited by ski

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

My second issue is even stranger, in that after I hit the second "Fly" button I cannot get to the bottom task bar ie Go back, or, return to the main menu etc. It is accessible right up until I click on the second "Fly" I have minimised my windows task bar and checked that I am in windowed mode in the sim. As it is now, the only way to get into the menu is to exit MSFS and start again. This process takes me about fifteen minutes for the full reload, and,  as such, it truly is a pain in the proverbial.

I have also changed the size of the MSFS window, so that it is completely separated and above the windows task bar, but there is still no access to the bottom MSFS taskbar which will allow me to return to the main menu.

That is weird... Have tried going to full screen (ALT Enter) to see if you can get to the bottom "menu"?

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I have to say I appreciate the more directional nature of the runway lights and especially the reduced visibility of the lead-in strobe lights which are no longer visible from incredibly unrealistic distances and angles.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It is no longer safe to fly into storm clouds. My plane just took the beating of its life. This was with live weather. Works as it should now. Also, ATIS is definitely more accurate with their reports. I'm really happy with this update.

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

11 hours ago, Ixoye said:

It is mostly on the ground at large add on airports with a lot of traffic that I see the biggest deterioration in performance, not so much up in the air.

I totally agree. The only performance issues I have are at large, handcrafted airports. Otherwise, performance is outstanding, even on my 6-year-old machine.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 minutes ago, Krakin said:

It is no longer safe to fly into storm clouds. My plane just took the beating of its life. This was with live weather. Works as it should now. Also, ATIS is definitely more accurate with their reports. I'm really happy with this update.

Was nice to see no slowdown to stall speeds if you're stuck in a cloud deck you cant climb out of(C208B in my case). Can at least keep a relative constant speed now even if the ride is bumpy flying straight thru or climbing. Also nice to see the more accurate ATIS cloud reporting(come on Dew Point you're next!), although in my 2 flights so far have only seen a single layer reported(no 3 multiple layers like the past bug) couldn't tell for sure just by looking around if the single cloud layer was 100% accurate or a 2nd layer should have been reported.

Wasn't good to see only Strobe lights on AI planes, still no NAV lights, will have to re enable the NAV Light fix.

And disappointed, but not surprised to see still not fixed(busted by SU5) most icing on the C208b. Stall Speed, Backup fluid pump and Heat Bleed switches are all still inoperable (They all worked prior to SU5).

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

But saying MSFS is the same as every other software out there is simply false. If anything, you are passing bad information

That's not at all what I said and no one is conflating MSFS with notepad. My point is no piece of software "knows" the system is being overclocked.

That sounds like "tanker logic!"

-Sent with love from an ex-63E Abrams repairer.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

42 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I can confirm that, I took the opportunity of a little storm in my neck of the woods today, to check the new behavior and I never saw the TBM being shaken so hard, then falling 1000' through a cloud, it was marvellous and I almost pooped my pants because that came out of nowhere following a nearby lightning strike and I fly VR. 🙂

42 minutes ago, Bob_D said:

Was nice to see no slowdown to stall speeds if you're stuck in a cloud deck you cant climb out of(C208B in my case). Can at least keep a relative constant speed now even if the ride is bumpy flying straight thru or climbing. Also nice to see the more accurate ATIS cloud reporting(come on Dew Point you're next!), although in my 2 flights so far have only seen a single layer reported(no 3 multiple layers like the past bug) couldn't tell for sure just by looking around if the single cloud layer was 100% accurate or a 2nd layer should have been reported.

Wasn't good to see only Strobe lights on AI planes, still no NAV lights, will have to re enable the NAV Light fix.

And disappointed, but not surprised to see still not fixed(busted by SU5) most icing on the C208b. Stall Speed, Backup fluid pump and Heat Bleed switches are all still inoperable (They all worked prior to SU5).

ATIS reported two layers on the flight I did earlier.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, JimBrown said:

That is weird... Have tried going to full screen (ALT Enter) to see if you can get to the bottom "menu"?

I have just tried that Jim and it does not reveal that bottom task bar. I went to controls and set keyboard "H" to help menu and that does not work either. I also in graphics options set full screen from windowed mode and tried the alt enter in that config and that does not work either.

I am completely mystified by this and it is INCREDIBLY annoying as you may imagine.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.