Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

FSX SP1 milestone reached - Beta posted today.

Thanks Phil for keeping us informed; It is really great to see ACES active in the forums.....Happy landingsJohn.

Guest Snuffy

Thanks Phil.I've been kinda unattentive at as to SP1 ... what all ya got planed to fix with it?BTW ... some people would #### if you hung em with a new rope too. Guess you can't please everyone.Thanks

Thanks Phil, good news. I'll be happy whenever it comes out as it will improve a flightsim I like as is. Yes, more fps and other corrections will be appreciated, but I think FSX is a very good fs now. Also, appreciate Aces attention given to forum updates. have a good day.

>I'm gonna be in Maui in 6 days...>Maybe a whine over a beer......?Mixing whine and beer is not a good thing - one can get headaches.:)Visit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

How refreshing to see a flurry of positive posts swamping the moaners and groaners and those 'smart' unproductive quips. Phil, your professionalism and restraint is an example to those who aspire to develop their own characters ...Or if I may quote the famous English author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; whereas talent instantly recognises genius." FWIW I trained in an RAF Squadron and sat a 10-week CPL course later in life but have only ever flown privately over the years. As a simmer since subLogic days I personally rate FSX as a milestone achievement and take my hat off to all the talented individuals associated with it. Frankly, as it stands its one of the best forty odd 'quid' I ever spent. And I like to think I'm not a greedy person, so if SP1 goes on to make it better still, well I know many will join me in simply saying - 'thanks again!'Let's be honest, it can take some cash but this whole flightsim thing does get better and better as the years go by, right? And yes, it takes a lot of patience too, but meanwhile we have lives to get on with ... don't we? GarethSPAIN (retired)

Guest allcott

The applause comes when the patch is delivered, and it delivers the goods. After all, if it was done properly the first time we wouldn't be waiting on SP1. Would we? While I can appreciate the news, as I 'd like a sim I could use, having already bought and paid for it on undelivered promises, I rather think it a little premature to be gushing all over the ACES team at this point and `spreading the joy`. In fact, should those who seem utterly overcome by this news be even allowed to acquire the patch? Good Lord, the extra excitement could kill? :)Allcott

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>>I'm gonna be in Maui in 6 days...>>Maybe a whine over a beer......?>>Mixing whine and beer is not a good thing - one can get>headaches.>>:)You're not kidding about that one...

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>The applause comes when the patch is delivered, and it>delivers the goods. After all, if it was done properly the>first time we wouldn't be waiting on SP1. Would we? If you had properly returned it, you could be happily flying in FS9 (or whatever else) and not lurking here to pull the rug out from the beta release.>While I can appreciate the news, as I 'd like a sim I could>use, having already bought and paid for it on undelivered>promises, I rather think it a little premature to be gushing>all over the ACES team at this point and `spreading the joy`.You probably could have made about 2 pounds of interest by now on the refund.>In fact, should those who seem utterly overcome by this news>be even allowed to acquire the patch? Good Lord, the extra>excitement could kill? :)It kills you if we get excited, it doesn't kill us. :(>Allcott

Thanks much! My brother(Minn) & I(KY) both USAF Ret do appreciate FSX very much, we fly the RealAir SF.260 each week via Multiplay for training and enjoying the world we traveled. Great stuff for a couple of "Has Beens". Thanks again!

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest allcott

>>It kills you if we get excited, it doesn't kill us. :(>Sadly no, it just makes me laugh.Allcott

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>>>>It kills you if we get excited, it doesn't kill us. :(>>>>Sadly no, it just makes me laugh.>>>AllcottThanks for getting the beta out, Phil. Yeah...uh huh...I still have a pulse. I'm OK. I survived saying something nice about Phil.

Guest allcott

Sigh. The point surely, is that ACES have already failed us with FSX, so is it not now wise to be more cautious about the prospects for SP1? I say wait to pour on the praise until they've delivered. After all, we've already paid for the goods in their defective state! By all means thank them for letting us know, but let's keep some perspective, shall we?If we don't, then we risk creating precisely the hyperbole-ridden BS that spewed out of Redmond and all their press friends and lackeys which we gullibly lapped up so that we ante'd-up for FSX as it was going to have all the problems with the BETA ironed out before release, offer backward-compatibility with FS9, was designed for Vista, offered fantastic performance on current hardware and would answer most, if not all, of the criticisms levelled at FS9?Lets be honest here: All ACES are doing is fixing what should not have been wrong - or wrongly promised - in the first place. SP1 is not an enhancement package, it is, by its own definition a SERVICE PATCH. Is that deserving of the gushing praise being so freely dished out here? Maybe soon, but definitely NOT UNTIL ITS DELIVERED and not found wanting.In the meantime, FSX continues to enjoy storage space on my hard drive, while FS9 is used much more frequently.I do have high hopes. But after the last experience I'm not letting my enthusiasm run away with me. My, what short memories some people have. I'm happy that ACES are so keen to talk to us. But talk is cheap. Sims are expensive. FSX is an expensive waste of time in most scenarios at the moment. Save the praise for when it is truly deserved. It will mean much more than the standard issue platitudes being trotted out here.Allcott

I fail to see how there is currently anything wrong with FSX, performance or otherwise, other than a few bugs which is expected with any piece of software. Perhaps you should realize not a single game comes out that does not get a patch. The attitude you carry into this thread amazes me.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Once again, as you are wont to do, you've lumped all of us into your negative, hypercritical, and in some ways paranoid (re: Empire) world. You're welcome to your world, but please don't speak for me (or in many cases, us).FSX hasn't failed me. I just had a Continental pilot with his jaw on the floor flying in FSX last night. He even noticed the handle bar in the VC of the 737-800 that he uses to get in and out of his seat. That was worth the money right there (not to mention the hours of flying I've enjoyed).>FSX is an expensive waste of time in most scenarios at the moment. $65 is expensive? Keep uttering condescending, declarative sentences like this and keep pronouncing that you know what's best for the FSX userbase. You're digging a hole for your credibility.