Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMan

Flightsim.to is a goldmine

I was reluctant to use this site at first, but their EGSU Duxford Aerodrome got my attention. At first I was discouraged because I was having difficulty in understanding how to unzip the files and get them into the Community folder. Have finally figured that out.  Have browsed their catalogue and saw not only that there are hundreds (thousands?) of sceneries and aircraft, with a very clever navigation technique, which includes graphic samples of the product. The lack of graphic sample views has been one of the limitations of sites like Avsim and Flightsim.com that have offered freeware as a sideline. (I think the value of these two sites is primarily their forums.) I have now downloaded EGKK Gatwick, EGKB Biggin Hill, Tours City (France) and La Rochelle City (France).They are all really good, and definitely worth a donation.  I spent a couple of hours today browsing and have identified several more I intend to download soon.

• Like 5

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Yeah it's pretty much the place to go.  Gets slow on weekends with their new queue system but not really a big deal.  I know I've uploaded all my paints there.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

30 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah it's pretty much the place to go.  Gets slow on weekends with their new queue system but not really a big deal.  I know I've uploaded all my paints there.

Hey Ryan, I did not know that you painted.  Mind if I ask a simple question?  Why did the 'reverse reading' logos appear in MSFS 2020 and why does it seem so difficult to fix?

I don't paint, so an answer 'like I'm five' would be great.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Just now, Mike S KPDX said:

Why did the 'reverse reading' logos appear in MSFS 2020 and why does it seem so difficult to fix?

It seems this only happens from a certain distance too, up close they look just right.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Just a remark: Flightsim.to is a goldmine no doubt. But they carry payware now, too. There is nothing wrong with this as such, but keep in mind several of the payware addons becoming available there have been on offer elsewhere for some time.

I juggest carefully checking back if you already bought an addon elsewhere before pressing the "Buy Now" button.

I made this experience myself, thus I can confirm it may happen.😕

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

39 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

It seems this only happens from a certain distance too, up close they look just right.

I think it's a LOD issue.  They seem to bring back old bugs every once in a while

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Do any of you guys remember where to click to get a list of updates on things you've downloaded?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Do any of you guys remember where to click to get a list of updates on things you've downloaded?

Top right click on your nickname, then go to "My downloads" and there you'll see the addons that needs to be downloaded to bring them to the latest version

• Like 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Just now, Pastaiolo said:

Top right click on your nickname, then go to "My downloads" and there you'll see the addons that needs to be downloaded to bring them to the latest version

Thanks! Very neat feature.

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S

17 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

They seem to bring back old bugs every once in a while

😆

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

8 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

Thanks! Very neat feature.

At the bottom of the section with date/version number/fle size etc there are three boxs next to each other.  Click the blue one left of the heart icon whenever you download something you like and you will get a notification every time there is an update.

• Like 1

Just now, The Moose said:

At the bottom of the section with date/version number/fle size etc there are three boxs next to each other.  Click the blue one left of the heart icon whenever you download something you like and you will get a notification every time there is an update.

Oh nice, I didn't know that trick. I'll try that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

😆

Okay every update LOL.  SU3 4 and 5 I kept having to change one character in the texture cfg that they reversed each update hehe.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

If you join their Discord channel you can see all of the latest mods as they are posted in "addon postings" and "update postings" groups.

One click on the heading opens up your browser on the download page, where you can preview the mod and download.

It may sound weird, but I like that a lot of airports use assets in community libraries and therefore the actual sizes of the files are extremely small. Payware sceneries are nice, but they take up a lot of storage space.