Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

November Update

There is a claim on YouTube that a major update is coming for November, which will include 5 new aircraft, several new photogrammetry cities, new weather etc.

Does anyone know if this is accurate?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Really looking forward to this update - new weather + dx12.
There is a strong chance the clouds will finally block out the sun and we will get realistic overcast rather than orange/red Mars lighting.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, intheshadow said:

There is a strong chance the clouds will finally block out the sun and we will get realistic overcast rather than orange/red Mars lighting.

Is that just a hunch or have they said there going to address it? Agree it does need fixing, taking off and feeling like your entering the gates of Mordor does kill the immersion a little.

7 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Is that just a hunch or have they said there going to address it? Agree it does need fixing, taking off and feeling like your entering the gates of Mordor does kill the immersion a little.

Just a hunch. I can't see why it can't be achieved on dx11 already. Xenviro on xplane opengl does that perfectly... nice dark grey overcast and vivid sunset above clouds. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 10:11 PM, intheshadow said:

Really looking forward to this update - new weather + dx12.

I often open the sim early morning, and if it's cloudy in the UK, it looks like an orange nuclear wasteland, really not realistic at all, and looks nothing like you see out of the window

If you have an nVidia card and Geforce experience, I've found that you can almost "fix" this yourself by playing with the game filters in the overlay - Alt-F3

Most effective are the colour tint and brightness/contrast settings

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, EGLD said:

I often open the sim early morning, and if it's cloudy in the UK, it looks like an orange nuclear wasteland, really not realistic at all, and looks nothing like you see out of the window

If you have an nVidia card and Geforce experience, I've found that you can almost "fix" this yourself by playing with the game filters in the overlay - Alt-F3

Most effective are the colour tint and brightness/contrast settings

Yes one of the most unrealistic and annoying things of the sim. The other day was flying into Sydney in sunset below the clouds looked like I was landing on mars.... the sun was right through the thick clouds. They really need to fix it asap. 

I was landing in the Peterbourough area and it said mist on weather forecast and there was mist  as far down as 300 ft.

Very realistic.

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

today wasn't the worst orange I've seen, but the 1st image is the default, and the 2nd is after a couple mins tweaking in nVidia overlay, which looks more like what I saw in real life

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/20/2021 at 7:31 PM, andyjohnston.net said:

There is a claim on YouTube that a major update is coming for November, which will include 5 new aircraft, several new photogrammetry cities, new weather etc.

Does anyone know if this is accurate?

By now you should have found out that it's  coming this Thursday 18/11/21

There should be an SDK component for weather, allowing yet another choice among those available.

We have presently:

- Online weather feed by MeteoBlue;

- Manual weather;

The former has problems, is still under development / fine-tuning so we can expect it to become more consistent with rw weather, starting SU7 when supposedly we're going to get METAR feeds ( also from MeteoBlue I believe ? ). The later is too limited, can be used to specific scenarios but the interface isn't the most user friendly IMO...

But ! I still prefer what Active Sky offers in terms of weather, specially along a route I am going to fly, including alternates. I believe that alowing for specific 3pd weather feeds would be an interesting option, peopole who love how it's done with MeteoBlue could keep using it but those, like me, who still prefer the outcomes available with a program like Active Sky could explore that alternative.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, EGLD said:

today wasn't the worst orange I've seen, but the 1st image is the default, and the 2nd is after a couple mins tweaking in nVidia overlay, which looks more like what I saw in real life

Hey that's great!  Any chance you could share your overlay settings please?  Or at least a few pointers to get me started.  :smile:

Greetings from Birmingham to Denham by the way - the home of the Pink Panther if you remember the old joke!   :laugh:
When I did the rounds (OK, yes I was a plane spotter), I seemed to remember it wasn't too far from Hatfield, the home of the BAe 146, which looks to be coming to MSFS soon as well.  

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, EGLD said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is real Live at my Home-Airport Hildesheim Germany -EDVM. What is your Problem ?

Achim

spacer.png

Edited by fl95
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fl95 said:

What is your Problem ?

4 hours ago, EGLD said:

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Hey that's great!  Any chance you could share your overlay settings please?  Or at least a few pointers to get me started.  :smile:

Greetings from Birmingham to Denham by the way - the home of the Pink Panther if you remember the old joke!   :laugh:
When I did the rounds (OK, yes I was a plane spotter), I seemed to remember it wasn't too far from Hatfield, the home of the BAe 146, which looks to be coming to MSFS soon as well.  

Greetings!

Yeah I guess it's not a million miles from Hatfield - although Elstree is probably the closer VFR type airfield to Hatfield!

I honestly spent 2 mins on this, I suspect it might make the sim look ridiculous in other weather conditions/times of day, but it took away the ridiculous nuclear winter orange effect I see so much in the sim when it's bright outside in the real world which totally kills any motivation to fly when it looks so different to real life lighting at the same time - it's really quick to enable and disable effects when the time of day changes if it does look bad elsewhere, I quite like the effects of the Sharpen filters as well

spacer.png

• Upvote 1