Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Performance degradation on long flights fixed?

The NDU “fix” should be fairly benign. It’s easy to reverse anyway. I cannot certify whether it works or not, as I haven’t done flights more than 8 hrs. And long-haul is 8+ hrs. Obviously. 

Use the start button to search for "Regedit". Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Ndu. Find and right-click the "start" option and click on "Modify". Change the value from 2 to 4. Click ok and reboot the system.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

47 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The NDU “fix” should be fairly benign. It’s easy to reverse anyway. I cannot certify whether it works or not, as I haven’t done flights more than 8 hrs. And long-haul is 8+ hrs. Obviously. 

I think its a placebo. I have applied this "fix" and nothing changed.

Edited by shamrockflyer

27 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

I think its a placebo. I have applied this "fix" and nothing changed.

It could very well be. Difficult to know if tweaks like these actually work. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

5 hours is fine, but 7 to 8+ you will experience performance loss regardless. It also depends on what area in the world you fly in. For example - I can fly from Cork to Tenerife and back to Cork which is a 9 hour round trip when you factor in ground time. With that flight I don't experience any performance loss whatsoever, but when I fly Manchester to Hurgahada and back which is around a 12 hour round trip my performance drops by over 50% halfway through the return flight, and those flights are in the Fenix 320.

So these aren't single long haul flights, but turn-arounds without reloading the sim in between?

If the latter, I can see how this could possibly lead to decreased performance. There's a chance the previous flight plan or something to do with the previous leg isn't unloading fully and then the system is getting bogged down as another flight plan is loaded perhaps.

Always a good idea to reload the sim between flights IMO. Not realistic I know but you can just re-spawn on the same stand with the same panel state in a few extra minutes.

I managed a 6 hour flight (single flight, not a turnaround) in the 737 today and had no degradation that I could tell.

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

SU 10 Beta,

DX11, PC crashed after about 4Hrs of flying Fenix 320 (it could be hardware related issue).

DX12 + same settings, several flights over five Hrs each, so far with no FPS degradation, no CTD and no PC crash.

fingers crossed that we are getting there.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

CX11 here, no Beta.

Flew the Fenix on what was planned to be a 5Hrs flight today, and performance also dropped roughly after the 4HRs - from smooth flying to terrible slideshow. 

Rage-quitted, and took the dogs for a long walk on the beach. The lab loved it while I suspect the short-legged one had mixed feelings about it 🐶

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

• Like 3

I don't have time to make such long flights, but for you who do and like to delve into computer "nerdship" occasionaly, I ran across this link - ISLC 

He is the creator of DDU.

Just noticed this program has already been mentioned.

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's