Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Photorealistic Chile - Still it comes!

Not a post to criticise this fantastic product, in fact it's the opposite. This addon, which seems to be endless, has me very keen to try it out now.Could David Ventura Chamudes perhaps please come on here and let us know how far from the end it is ? :-) So far by my calculation there are 350+ files. For all those who are a tad confused, here is my take off.S31 W69 - 16 filesS31 W70 - 16 filesS31 W71 - 16 files S31 W72 - 16 filesS32 W69 - 16 filesS32 W70 - 16 filesS32 W71 - 16 files S32 W72 - 16 filesS33 W69 - 16 filesS33 W70 - 16 filesS33 W72 - 16 filesS34 W69 - 16 filesS34 W70 - 16 filesS34 W71 - 16 files S34 W72 - 16 filesS35 W69 - 16 filesS35 W70 - 16 filesS35 W71 - 16 files S35 W72 - 16 filesS35 W73 - 16 filesS36 W72 - 12 filesS36 W73 - 16 filesIf you average each one at 20mb - that's 7 Gb!! Oh my..... lucky I have no bandwidth limits :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Wow. A bit more to come then, hey! :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

This just wrenches my guts out that you're looking forward to the end of the Chile photoscenery. ... -- .. .-.. . -.--

Guest Cormega

Is this just texture scenery for the ground, or is anything in 3D models added?Can you add just a few or do you have to wait until all are loaded to install?Has anyone tried it? Is it worth the hd space?

Guest fatboysim

Just ground textures as far as I know, but I thought they looked excellent. I picked S34W70 as a trial, which contains some nice mountains. Had to fly at fl20 to avoid collisions! Compared with the default MS scenery, I thought this was excellent, particularly for the mountains.Perhaps not as high res as payware, but nonetheless excellent and don't forget free. Big thanks are due to David for his work here.I'm downloading it all. 7GB is a small price to pay to discover Chile like this.Since there are so many files, is there an easy way to download the lot from avsim? Seems like a lot of mouse clicks to get it from the regular avsim pages.

>Since there are so many files, is there an easy way to>download the lot from avsim? Seems like a lot of mouse clicks>to get it from the regular avsim pages.Something I've often wondered, especially since the AVSim servers are (understandably) so slow.

Anybody have any screenshots?I would love to download this scenery in one big package, or at least a few packages of a couple of GB each

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>>>Since there are so many files, is there an easy way to>>download the lot from avsim? Seems like a lot of mouse>clicks>>to get it from the regular avsim pages.>>Something I've often wondered, especially since the AVSim>servers are (understandably) so slow.I almost wore out my wrist and clicking finger, but the mesh is worth it. The scenery, to me, is not worth it, as the resolution is not great. But I am more of an Autogen guy. As far as I know, you have to download them one at a time. If AVSim offered a complete package, it would probably crush their bandwidth.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>Anybody have any screenshots?>I would love to download this scenery in one big package, or>at least a few packages of a couple of GB eachJust download a 16 file set for a lat/long coordinate. Or even just a few files. Slew to that lat/long and up to 10 or 15,000 feet. You should be able to see the tiles.

I downloaded one set of 16. I have to agree the mesh is awsome but the tex's not so much. I think you have to have it all in though, as I got huge breakups and wierd things going on with just a single lat/log set installed.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>I downloaded one set of 16. I have to agree the mesh is>awsome but the tex's not so much. I think you have to have it>all in though, as I got huge breakups and wierd things going>on with just a single lat/log set installed.Strange...a group of 16 should be a contiguous square. No matter, if you don't think the textures are all that, stick with the mesh. It really helps those mountains.

Hi,here you found my screenshot of this fantastic Gigascenery:http://meshwelt.me.funpic.de/html/chile_fsx.htmlDavid want to finish ALL CHILE until the end of the year!!! That means we will receive a big part of Argentina! And he works so fast, that I don't see any problem :-) Only for me: I don't have enough time to explore... :-eek Rainer

Where did you find all the files?I have only found a couple of sets.