Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Photorealistic Chile - Still it comes!

could someone PLEASE give him his own website space so he doesn't have to throw the hundreds of files on here broken up into such small sections?

Well so far I downloadedS30W70S30W71S36W69working on S30W69already have the dem files and landclass.Geez, lot of files to go yet!

You know it's pretty simple to use the advanced search to look at only the catagories of files you are interested in viewing.You don't HAVE to see his files.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>could someone PLEASE give him his own website space so he>doesn't have to throw the hundreds of files on here broken up>into such small sections?It is ripping my guts out that someone hasn't given him space. ;)

I use to enjoy going to the "whats new" section... until the Chile files and virtual airline files have been posted here by the literally hundreds...

I've seen the same discussion on various forums about Michael Pierson's repaints, about repaints of a new commercial aircraft, etc.One thing for sure, this should put to rest the idea of using Google Earth textures rather than landclass and autogen for FS in the future.

>Well so far I downloaded>>S30W70>S30W71>S36W69>>working on S30W69>>already have the dem files and landclass.>>Geez, lot of files to go yet!My eyeballs are bleeding!

In the Extended Search options (http://library.avsim.net/extsearch.php) - search for the author's name - ChamudesThat pulls up 688 files - 28 are a 76M/ LOD9 mesh of South America154 are a 38M/ LOD 10 mesh of Chile17 are a detailed PhotoRealistic of Santiago1 is an FSX modified landclass for SCIP - Easter Island

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

Most of the rest is the photoscenery of Chile. This is how I grabbed the files. I got the LOD 10 mesh and just a lat/long point worth of scenery. You can have 2 (sometimes 3) downloads going at the same time. Just use multiple browsers (or tabs). And do look at the photoscenery to make sure you like it before you download it all (it is not very high resolution).

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

I did it manually. If at all possible, I keep stuff away from the FSX program folder. So I just put it all in its own folders (mesh folder and scenery folder) and then added the scenery manually.Just make sure you have it high enough in the priority order.

>I did it manually. If at all possible, I keep stuff away>from the FSX program folder. So I just put it all in its own>folders (mesh folder and scenery folder) and then added the>scenery manually.>>Just make sure you have it high enough in the priority order.I created C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XAddon SceneryCHILE directory within having Scenery and Texture directories.

Can you put the DEM (mesh) files into the photorealistic scenery directory?

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

I don't know. Why would you want to?

>I don't know. Why would you want to?They are different files than the ones that come with the photorealistic scenery.What are they for then?