Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Do you feel that Asobo was a good choice in making MSFS 2020

Just curious what the community thinks here regarding Asobo being the game developer chosen by MS to work on the next gen MSFS? Do you guys think that there are other developers or studios that could've done a better job?

I think the team at Asobo are crushing it! I love their dedication, communication, commitment and transparency with the community. I think MS did there homework well in choosing them as the developers for MSFS.

• Like 6

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Just curious what the community thinks here regarding Asobo being the game developer chosen by MS to work on the next gen MSFS? Do you guys think that there are other developers or studios that could've done a better job?

I think the team at Asobo are crushing it! I love their dedication, communication, commitment and transparency with the community. I think MS did there homework well in choosing them as the developers for MSFS.

I really have not too much thought of that to have a reasonable opinion...BUT...seeing MSFS running SU6....I certainly now...don't feel they are doing the product and/or 'franchise' any disservice.  The last two SU's 5 and 6, have been right on the money,  and I just pray, that it continues to be now, (it seems)  true steps forward with every SU. and no longer,  two forward and six back...not since SU5....

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 3

Yes. If you asked me 6 months ago it would… Still be yes!… It was always going to be a long term development and was always going to have some ups and downs.. Some updates to the SIM were just terrible at times but did Asobo learn them lessons, 100% they did.. Were not done but we’re in a pretty good place right now.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, captain420 said:

They have done alot more in just over a year, than any other Flight sim creator has ever done. 

• Like 21
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Imagine if MS chose EA to do the next MSFS?

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Imagine if MS chose EA to do the next MSFS?

Aircraft would have ratings like:

99 - Speed

87- Endurance 

An awful thought.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

99 - Speed

87- Endurance 

An awful thought.

And a ton of microtransactions as well and perhaps loot boxes where we would get new liveries. 😛 And put all the included planes behind a paywall. We would have to spend our real money to buy virtual credits in order to unlock what's already in the sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Considering that they went into this project with next to no knowledge about aviation, they certainly have come a long way, and their willingness to still learn more and further improve their product is outstanding.

Do I wish they would have different development priorities at times? Absolutely.

Do I think that they could have avoided reintroducing old FSX based problems into their new sim if they had done some more research? Yes

But all in all, this by far the best base sim platform anyone could have asked for. I see great things in its future. And I'm happy that they are the ones who will move us along.

• Like 7

I’m just happy Microsoft didn’t choose whoever made Cyberpunk 2077. The list of bugs in that game is longer than a CVS receipt, and their infrequent updates aren’t helping either.

I really believe we’re more than fortunate to have Asobo.

• Like 2

Most teams would be up to the task.  The good part about Asobo is that they GREW into Flight Simulation.  No worries.

Cheers

bs

• Like 3

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

17 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Considering that they went into this project with next to no knowledge about aviation, they certainly have come a long way, and their willingness to still learn more and further improve their product is outstanding.

Seb, the CEO of Asobo and who appears at every Twitch Q&A, went out of his way to get a PPL.  I don’t know if he completed his PPL, but there is video of him flying solo.

These guys have done a phenomenal job.  They have shaken up the flight sim industry and really modernized flight simulation.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 13

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

46 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

99 - Speed

87- Endurance 

An awful thought.

... and the P51 would be straight from Hollywood with power - ONE MILLION

Me? I think Scott Gentile and his crew, over at A2A would have jumped at the chance. . . . . . . . . .

• Like 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

7 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Me? I think Scott Gentile and his crew, over at A2A would have jumped at the chance. . . . . . . . . .

They are not big enough team. There is so many people working on MSFS. Asobo has some experience with game engine and rendering. They were an establish studio before. 

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I understand that, fb - I'm aware of Asobo's gaming and GIS history, but the 'aviation mistakes' that have been made - would never have got past the old MS ACES team - and certainly wouldn't get past a team - with partners, perhaps - centered on Scott's team. I also reckon that 'established' in this case - A2A would come out as the winner in the minds of all the FS'rs that have been flying - realworld, sim or R/C. Money and company size can be found or created in many ways. 

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 3

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.