Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Another seasons step from Bijan

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

To me you are still flying slightly low and sorry to say, the vids on YT have so many artefacts, it is really hard to tell. And flying around regions where the ground is so dark you might not even notice your mask is also not really helpful neither. I did above screenshots in Switzerland, around Grenchen and Zweisimmen. How should I delete a rolling cache if it is disabled? Not even available the option to delete the cache...

Terrain pre-caching is on ultra, what setting do you use there?

Other guess: do you also see water mask tiling loading in patches? It looks very similar to me, like in this thread: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/water-texture-problem-square-patches/398743

Trust me, Those tiles is not on my side. You have the option to view the video in HD.  I have gone to several locations and don't see tiles from low or high above. 

Yes I do see the water tiles in that link you sent. My Terrain pre-caching is set to ultra. You still have the delete option enabled in data setting even though rolling cache is disabled.. Just click on delete. Scroll down on data page.

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

Landed  at Baracoa , Cuba.  Nice looking trees from 4 Seasons. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

9 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

You still have the delete option enabled in data setting even though rolling cache is disabled.. Just click on delete. Scroll down on data page.

Sure I will try that, but honestly, as the rolling cache file does not even exist on my system, I really doubt that this will do anything...

And of course I am totally aware that I can watch the video in FullHD, but it is still a mess with artefacts and not really crisp. And as I said, with such dark ground textures, it is anyway really hard to see the masks at all, not even talking about the line I was showing in the screenshots. One would need a video above a region with way brighter ground textures where your masks really darken things down. Anyway, always tricky if something is not visible for the dev on his end, I understand. But sadly, with the current implementation, the immersion is broken and I keep the masks off for me...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I've a question for Bijan. I have enjoyed his tree mod and seasons, but since SU7 I have some questions

1. I have the latest update from Simmarket - and I noticed Autumn trees in the mountains near SKPS (Antonio Narinho) airport in Colombia at about 2 degs N (c 6000ft AGL).

2. Also when I load at EGKA (Orbx - Shoreham UK) I noticed all the trees in the area are a strange shade of pink and purple - although I had set them to Winter N and Summer S in Addons Linker.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

1 hour ago, rayharris108 said:

I've a question for Bijan. I have enjoyed his tree mod and seasons, but since SU7 I have some questions

1. I have the latest update from Simmarket - and I noticed Autumn trees in the mountains near SKPS (Antonio Narinho) airport in Colombia at about 2 degs N (c 6000ft AGL).

2. Also when I load at EGKA (Orbx - Shoreham UK) I noticed all the trees in the area are a strange shade of pink and purple - although I had set them to Winter N and Summer S in Addons Linker.

Thanks for your help.

Ray

Hi Ray,

I just checked EGKA Shoreham and I don't see any pink and purple trees. Are you sure you only have one season installed? Also delete your rolling cache when you change seasons to avoid trees getting mixed with other seasons. Sometimes that happens. It could also be a conflict with Orbx. 

I also checked SKPS and don't see any fall season colors.

You can contact me directly for support at bijanstudiola@gmail.com or my discord.

https://i.imgur.com/QMoe8Bb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/c2n2Oek.jpg

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

I love the seasons mod. But I don't like the masks. And I doubt they will ever be any good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I love the seasons mod. But I don't like the masks. And I doubt they will ever be any good.

Well I can't disagree more on masks. There has been a lot of requests for this. It matches perfectly how fall and winter trees match with terrain with masks. Sure there are flaws and it's still in experimental stage but the results are fantastic and a lot of people are loving and using it.  The brown overlay is also fully customable and opacity can be changed by user.

It's a personal preferences and obviously it's an optional separate install, but I won't ever fly fall or winter season with neon green terrains. 🙂

RsMJXUk.png

Vp2LfIL.jpg

8ZeiEdM.png

DjnhzVc.png

• Like 4

Gaming Laptop:

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

Hi Ray,

I just checked EGKA Shoreham and I don't see any pink and purple trees. Are you sure you only have one season installed? Also delete your rolling cache when you change seasons to avoid trees getting mixed with other seasons. Sometimes that happens. It could also be a conflict with Orbx. 

I also checked SKPS and don't see any fall season colors.

You can contact me directly for support at bijanstudiola@gmail.com or my discord.

https://i.imgur.com/QMoe8Bb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/c2n2Oek.jpg

Hi Bijan

Thanks for your fast response and your personal email.

First of all I love your product and I guessed the issue might be on my side (they normally are to be fair). But your help is very much appreciated nonetheless.

I don't actually have a rolling cache enabled right now. and I also was careful I'd only checked one season (recently changed from Autumn NH).

I will do more tests (probably tomorrow and get back to you via email if I have any further questions).

Kind regards, and thanks again

Ray

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Well I can't disagree more on masks. There has been a lot of requests for this. It matches perfectly how fall and winter trees match with terrain with masks. Sure there are flaws and it's still in experimental stage but the results are fantastic and a lot of people are loving and using it.  The brown overlay is also fully customable and opacity can be changed by user.

It's a personal preferences and obviously it's an optional separate install, but I won't ever fly fall or winter season with neon green terrains. 🙂

RsMJXUk.png

Vp2LfIL.jpg

8ZeiEdM.png

DjnhzVc.png

Runways. Roads and every man made surface.

Edited by jarmstro

9 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Runways.

What about runways? Sure, as mentioned there is a brown tint but that's not horrible in my opinion. In fact it matches to brown and dirt and rains from fall and winter season.

sVMtTGJ.jpg

b6aGw2b.png

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 1

Gaming Laptop:

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Runways.

Hi Bijan, is it possible you could fix the brown runways please? Many thanks for your efforts

it's not hard to be pleasant and a bit respectful....

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Hi Bijan, is it possible you could fix the brown runways please? Many thanks for your efforts

Hi there, Asobo released a new feature with SU7 called Polygon Exclusion for roads but it's now working. I have already submitted a ticket. I am hoping that should take care of runways too. But for now, reducing opacity of the mask will reduce it from runways as well.

I think the brown tint is very minimum on runways in most places:

BbH3k6K.jpg

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 1

Gaming Laptop:

Even on higher opacity, it barely covers runways. And nothing on buildings.

EeFgDjxXY.jpg

Gaming Laptop:

26 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Even on higher opacity, it barely covers runways. And nothing on buildings.

EeFgDjxXY.jpg

I have not used your mask for a while because it was creating brown squares on the avionics screens, so I wonder if it has been fixed in the latest version?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

10 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I have not used your mask for a while because it was creating brown squares on the avionics screens, so I wonder if it has been fixed in the latest version?

You will get brown squares if you zoom out in the VFR map. Workaround:  Use another free VFR map as seen in this screenshot that shows no squares, no matter what zoom level. Same with G1000, That's only if you zoom out.  

YOFVnNU.jpg

Edited by BijanStudio
  • Like 1

Gaming Laptop: