Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

the airplane is moving left when taking off

Guest stormwind

hello! i recently discovered some trouble with taking off...using a cessna or a boeing 737, always when taking off (with wind very calm) the airplane always point to the left and bring me outside the runway if i don't correct it...but before i remember that this doesn't appens....what could be?i also disabled the cloche and use the keyboard but withous results: the plane still go left :(any ideas?Thanks,bob

Guest fsxmissionguy

I can only speak with a little bit of authority here without more detail, but as for the Cessna and any other prop driven airplane, it will pull in the direction that its prop turns if uncorrected.

Guest SPOFF

Hi Bob: Propeller aircraft with propellers that rotate "Clockwise" when viewed from the cockpit, WILL Pull to the LEFT when "accelerating" down the runway on takeoff. This requires the pilot to ADD Right Rudder to keep the plane on a straight path down the runway. The further down the runway you get during takeoff, the LESS rudder will be required. This is true in real life as well as in the Sim. SPOFF

Guest stormwind

hi tnx all... i will try to watch the control settings because i remember now that i manipulated those settings, especially the death area and the sensibility...hoping to solve this problem!bye!bob

Guest allcott

HIt numpad `5` (with caps lock off). It's the centering controls command.Also, wind can veer any aircraft. Are you sure you don't have a crosswind component?Allcott

Guest Cormega

>hi tnx all... i will try to watch the control settings>because i remember now that i manipulated those settings,>especially the death area and the sensibility...>>hoping to solve this problem!>>bye!>bobYeah, I had this problem when I fiddled about with the realism settings.

Guest jshyluk

Me, too. I find the settings sliders don't work like I think they should. Try starting with zero dead zone and full sensitivity. Then, reduce the sensitivity a little at a time and test if this works. If you get sensitivity down to zero, add some dead zone, use full sensitivity and test it again. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

Guest allcott

>Me, too. I find the settings sliders don't work like I think>they should. Try starting with zero dead zone and full>sensitivity. Then, reduce the sensitivity a little at a time>and test if this works. If you get sensitivity down to zero,>add some dead zone, use full sensitivity and test it again. >>Jeff Shyluk>Avsim Product ReviewerAre you talking abot rudder pedals? If so, then obviously they work as they should, becasue you have probably check the `reverse controls` box to make the toe brakes work, yes?So now, what was FULL sensitivity is LEAST. Same for null. I have posted on this before as it is NOT the same kind of `reversal` as applied by control software such as FSUIPC or CH Manager.Allcott

Guest jshyluk

I am referring to all of the hardware control sliders in general, but not the graphics sliders. My toe-brake system is jury-rigged from some racing pedals, so it's not what most people would choose to use.What you say is correct, though, especially about FSUIPC, good post!Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer