Sign in to follow this  
Guest JackDanielsDrinker

A Little Perspective on the Developers of FSX

Guest jwflowers

After reading through threads and threads of attacks and "Micro$oft" sucks posts, I want to give a little perspective on the subject of FSX. First of all, we need to separate out the ACES developers from the "evil empire" that is Microsoft. As a programmer, I take pride in my work and want to produce the best product feasible, and I'm sure the same goes for the developers at ACES. When I've finally release a product, I want it to be received well, and in my case hope the product makes life easier for those who use it. I'm sure everyone at ACES works hard to produce a product that simmers will enjoy and find fulfilling. It's also our livelihood and keeping our jobs require a product that fulfills those needs. In developing a product such as FSX, I'm sure there are features that are left out and the developers wish they could have more time to add additional features, but in the end it comes down to time and money. At some point, one has to release a product in order to pay for the salaries of the developers. I would imagine that Phil and the other developers feel that their work is incomplete or wish they had more time to continue developing, but it just isn't feasible in the real world. I would like to see the derogatory statements, personal attacks, and sniping comments end with the realization that the developers are striving to achieve the very best and always looking to improve the product. We don't always hit it on the first try, but we eventually get there. While Microsoft does make a lot of money, I'm sure the developers at ACES don't receive the majority of it. Please give these developers the respect the deserve and keep the attacks to a minumum and provide constructive feedback.Just my two cents,John

Guest allcott

Theywork within the auspices of the Empire. Therefore they are as much victims as the rest of us.Allcott

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

There is no Empire. They're not victims. And neither are you.