Sign in to follow this  
scott967

For us Non Beta Testers....

Guest MauiHawk

>B.) I actually think people will be pretty impressed with it.Is that a hint? (Does that break NDA?)

>It will be interesting to see all the SP1 negative threads>after it's released. I think people are expecting too much>from SP1. We shall see.To quote myself :-)"Disappointment in a software product (actually in anything in life) is always the difference between the 'reality' and the 'expectation' i.e. 'Disappointment' = 'Expectation' - 'Reality'.In almost all cases it is the incorrect, unrealistic and/or unmanaged 'expectation' element of the equation which leads to the largest level of disappointment."

AVSimSig.jpg

>>B.) I actually think people will be pretty impressed with>it.>>Is that a hint? (Does that break NDA?)It's not a real big secret that I was out at Redmond this week. Without breaking anything I can say that I saw some things that made me think that people will be pleased with the performance increases.

>>>B.) I actually think people will be pretty impressed with>>it.>>>>Is that a hint? (Does that break NDA?)>>>It's not a real big secret that I was out at Redmond this>week. Without breaking anything I can say that I saw some>things that made me think that people will be pleased with the>performance increases.A minimum of at least 20% was mentioned before.

I think the "expectation" problem needs to be divided in to the requirements engineering problem, and the design/execution problem. In mass-market consumer software, there is little or no explicit customer input into the requirements. For FSX, there was a period in which users were encouraged to "tell_fs" about requirements, but no real feedback until the software was released. Of course, there is no way to get concurrence about requirements with no single customer. This leaves users to speculate about what the real requirements are, and makes a real "beta test" impossible.scott s..