Sign in to follow this  
Stoopy

Piaggio P.149 Busted?

Well I'm not sure if it was SU6 or could have been SU5 even (been a while since I've flown it), but I took the almighty Piaggio P.149 up for my first flight with SU6 tonight and found several things not right:

• Starter button doesn't work, but hotkey for magneto start at least gets it running
  • Canopy will unlock but won't open with the red handle
  • Gear handle doesn't animate or activate the landing gear, but the hotkey works to raise/lower gear
  • Attitude indicator doesn't function (checked uncaged and gyro switched on)
  • Similarly, Directional gyro no worky
  • No pilot when viewed from outside (how can this be when I'm trapped inside because the canopy won't open??!)
  • The switches on the overhead panel show a "ghost" off position when turned on, so you end up with a switch with two toggles showing, one off and one on
  • Similarly, the Airspeed indicator needle works, but shows a duplicate needle stuck at the 0 airspeed position

Hoping I didn't miss an update for this bird.  Durn shame because not only is it a sweet flying aeroplane but I'm also about to cross the border into Argentina on my RTW flight and this postwar German bird would be right at home there.  😄

Edited by Stoopy
Fix usual idiotic typos
  • Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Mine works just fine (except the missing pilot in external view, but that's been happening since I bought it back in June). Having said that, I saw some of those glitches you describe after ending a flight and hitting Continue instead of Return to Main Menu. Switching to external view, then returning to the cockpit resolved this.

Hmmm  went to main menu to change some controller settings and back, and also swapped out to external view and back.  Might could be a conflicting mod.  I'll disable other stuff in the community folder and try again,

Thanks for letting me know how it worked on your side. 🤙

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I was intending to fly this at the weekend.  It is one of my favourite birds.  I hope it isn't broken and that it is a mod clash.  I will report back as well.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Hi Stoopy. Not much help but "It works for me."

One trick from our Wednesday group flight. One pilot was having similar problems (as well as the now classic bent prop). Another one of the guys suggested that first pilot load up any perfectly good aircraft. Then go to Developer Mode. Then, using the Developer Mode window, switch to a Piaggio. That worked perfectly. And the fix "stuck." No idea about why that worked...but worth a quick try.

• Like 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Just now, MM said:

Hi Stoopy. Not much help but "It works for me."

One trick from Wednesday group flight. One pilot was having similar problems (and a bent prop). Another one of the guys suggested that first pilot load up any perfectly good aircraft. Then go to Developer Mode. Then, using the Developer Mode window, switch to a Piaggio. That worked perfectly. And the fix "stuck." No idea about why that worked...but worth a quick try.

Thank you so much! I can definitely give that a whirl tonight. Really appreciate the response.

"That's what" - She

21 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Well I'm not sure if it was SU6 or could have been SU5 even (been a while since I've flown it), but I took the almighty Piaggio P.149 up for my first flight with SU6 tonight and found several things not right:

I agree, there is something going on after SU6.

In flight, my cockpit textures suddenly changed and the faint GPS embossed spot on the far right turned into a GPS placard.  Gauges had duplicate needles.

Going to the outside view and back fixed it.

After turning off the avionics, and selecting Continue, the overhead switches has ghosted switches in the ON position when turning them off.  Going to the outside view and back fixed it..

All this was not there before.. 😉

Ss3pgZu.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I wonder if this is related to the multiple LOD levels that Asobo has been introducing over the last two updates..

The P149 as yet, does not have the multiple model LOD levels that Asobo aircraft now have..

Bert

I can confirm most of the issues. All of them appeared after SU6. Did anybody tell Andrey about these issues?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

10 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

I can confirm most of the issues. All of them appeared after SU6. Did anybody tell Andrey about these issues?

Andrey is usually not the most responsive person. 😉 AT does good stuff, but his product support and updates could stand… an update? 🤯🤪

I also had the bent propeller issue and wrote Andrey about it. I got a response after three days…

I‘ll drop him a line about this thread, maybe it helps…

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Hello, 

issues I have with P149

only left hand pilot shows in external view.

cannot change comm frequency  jumps back to 235.5 

Radio compass needle rotates constantly.

Atc Text in some panel text only available no voice

Start only possible with my Honeycombe Alpha yoke mag rotary switch

that’s it so far, Nav frequency adjust OK have to Chloe out VOR Nav flight

BR Charlie McEwan

Best Regards

Charlie McEwan

Hello everyone!

With SU6 some letters into support with this thread received, so I'll try to answer everyone once 🙂

1) ADF needle beaviour seems okay to me as long as signal isn't received it's rotates. Just heard about, never saw myself. Please confirm or refute this.

2) The Comm radio installed has 50kHz step only, only way to set it in sim with less step is autosetting..

3) Copilot isn't showing - confirmed, will fix with update.

4) Gears handle betweeen pilots is for emergency gears down only, innoperative in MSFS (working in FSX we'll add this feature with update)

5) Starter button has a cover, to operate it you need to click on top of that set, and then would see the button, if you click into a middle sim thought you click the button (will fix)

Unfortunatelly (?) I can't repeat other bugs described here somewhat..No double needles, no pilot dislocated or prop bend.. All is okay here..  if someone will help with investigation we'll be very appriciative.

As for update, we'll switch into is as soon as An-2 released (under MS brand, this is not a secret now.) For sure this should be 2021.

Andrey

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

soh-banner.png

54 minutes ago, Andrey said:

Hello everyone!

With SU6 some letters into support with this thread received, so I'll try to answer everyone once 🙂

1) ADF needle beaviour seems okay to me as long as signal isn't received it's rotates. Just heard about, never saw myself. Please confirm or refute this.

2) The Comm radio installed has 50kHz step only, only way to set it in sim with less step is autosetting..

3) Copilot isn't showing - confirmed, will fix with update.

4) Gears handle betweeen pilots is for emergency gears down only, innoperative in MSFS (working in FSX we'll add this feature with update)

5) Starter button has a cover, to operate it you need to click on top of that set, and then would see the button, if you click into a middle sim thought you click the button (will fix)

Unfortunatelly (?) I can't repeat other bugs described here somewhat..No double needles, no pilot dislocated or prop bend.. All is okay here..  if someone will help with investigation we'll be very appriciative.

As for update, we'll switch into is as soon as An-2 released (under MS brand, this is not a secret now.) For sure this should be 2021.

Andrey

That's good news all round Andrey!  Thanks for coming here to explain, and well done for being recognised by MS / Asobo - You deserve it!

The P149 is a superb aircraft, and we are all waiting for the new An-2.  I am sure it will be great.  I will be buying it for sure.  :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.