Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Doors Question

Guest bgood98

I'm working with the aircraft.cfg for a 2004 aircraft to tweak it up for FSX.I am working on the exits and have figured out just about everything EXCEPT......the cargo loading car is docks to the wrong side of the plane.......Currently it docks on the right side.I need it to go around behind the plane and connect to the door on the left.I can get it to go under the plane and such but its still as if it facing to load to the right side and not the left.any ideas?

>I'm working with the aircraft.cfg for a 2004 aircraft to>tweak it up for FSX.>>I am working on the exits and have figured out just about>everything EXCEPT......the cargo loading car is docks to the>wrong side of the plane.......>>Currently it docks on the right side.>I need it to go around behind the plane and connect to the>door on the left.>>I can get it to go under the plane and such but its still as>if it facing to load to the right side and not the left.>>>any ideas?Change the sign of the lateral axis in the "Exits" statementfor the cargo door.exit.0 = 0.4, 45.50, -6.0, 7.0, 0 Main exit - port side ( -6.0 )exit.1 = 0.4, -33.50, 5.85, 1.0, 1 Cargo door - staeboard side ( +5.85 ) Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest bgood98

I see, but the cargo is on the port side also.

This is a guess, and a pure guess - but what are the contact points and settings for the baggabe loader model?Is it configured to approach the aircraft from only one side?

Reggie, the baggage loader/conveyer will use either side of the aircraft, according to where the cargo door's coordinates are located.If the x coordinate is negative, the door is on the port side; if positive, the door is on the starboard side.I would note though that changes to the aircraft.cfg entries will NOT always be recognized by FSX until the sim is exited and then restarted.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, that's good to know.I've always worked under the assumpiton that FS must be exited and restarted to ensure changes apply.I've had enough cases in previous versions where some things will change, and some won't to convince me of the need to restart jsut to be sure.

Guest fsxmissionguy

Bill (you henceforth shall be known as "Official FSX Door Guru" which you may add to your Pilot Record alongside the pancakes you got for rescuing those idiot climbers at angels 14 on Denali):I have a plane with two exits.Shift-E will open the main exit (shows an animation of the door opening).How do I open the secondary exit? Which key sequence?Also, sometimes I'm flying helo's with 3 doors. I've figured out that some helo designers use the T (tailhook) key to open a rear ramp, but I've had trouble figuring out how to open, say ... the sliding door on a Huey.Any ideas?

Guest bgood98

There is only one problem with this.Setting negative vs positive x value on this aircraft does 1 of two things.1. loader pulls up nicely to the side without a door.or2. loader pulls up to same side that has not door, then proceeds to go half way into the plane until the loader belt is sticking out the other side of the plane

>I have a plane with two exits.>>Shift-E will open the main exit (shows an animation of the>door opening).LOL! That depends on how the modeler assigned the exits. The "normal" exits are 1-4, and are controlled by:Shift+E, 1 (or simply Shift+E)Shift+E, 2Shift+E, 3Shift+E, 4As you've noted though, it may well be that they've used Water Rudder, Tail Hook or some other obscure and unused key combination. Normally these are mentioned in a readme file.

Fr. Bill    

>There is only one problem with this.>>Setting negative vs positive x value on this aircraft does 1>of two things.>>1. loader pulls up nicely to the side without a door.>>or>>2. loader pulls up to same side that has not door, then>proceeds to go half way into the plane until the loader belt>is sticking out the other side of the planeWell, the only thing we can go by is the SDK's instructions. If it isn't working as described, then it's broken... *:-*

Fr. Bill