Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

A320 Autopilot is freaking out

Definitely a post SU6 issue for me as I just did several flights last Sunday. Latest version of experimental or stable, same behavior. I take off, turn on AP1 start following the nav path and all of the sudden AP turns off, auto throttle gets stuck and I'm unable to do anything. One thing I haven't tried is to completely remove FBW from the community folder.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

just got done with a flight, FBWA320 Development version, 1.2 hours - no problem at all.  A complex approach too.

• Like 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Dang it. I'm pretty annoyed right now. 😕

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

No issues with dev version. Four successful flight since update about 90 min each.

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

2 hours ago, Drumcode said:

... One thing I haven't tried is to completely remove FBW from the community folder.

Even better - try a clean install. Go here and scroll down to Clean Install section: https://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/installation/

• Like 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I think it was me holding the throttle in TOGA too long and not putting in in CLB fast enough after take off. I'm going to test around more tonight, but very likely a pilot error. heh

Jacek G.

The FBW seems fine to me afters some short flights. The latest experimental version appears to have fixed the wacky flight paths that were being drawn on the ND.

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

2 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

The FBW seems fine to me afters some short flights. The latest experimental version appears to have fixed the wacky flight paths that were being drawn on the ND.

I did two flights yesterday with the experimental version and still had the wacky flight paths between the SID and approach. Ending up having to use manual heading to bring myself around to intercept the localizer both times. 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

25 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

I did two flights yesterday with the experimental version and still had the wacky flight paths between the SID and approach.

Check for an update, I've just noticed another update right now but can't test it for the moment since my Reno air race beta is still downloading.

The experimental version had gotten so frustrating for me that I switched back to dev version just to be able to make a decent flight plan but yesterdays experimental version was okay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JSmith2112 said:

Check for an update, I've just noticed another update right now but can't test it for the moment since my Reno air race beta is still downloading.

The experimental version had gotten so frustrating for me that I switched back to dev version just to be able to make a decent flight plan but yesterdays experimental version was okay.

Awesome, I'll have a look when I get home. I did the update right after SU6 and then another maybe a day or two ago but I'll check again. I get a little frustrated here and there but sometimes I'm able to manually adjust the flight plan to get a more accurate flight path. When I switch back to the dev model I really miss being able to use the "fix info" page. It's getting better week by week and it's free so I try not to get too frustrated. 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

2 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

I really miss being able to use the "fix info" page. It's getting better week by week and it's free so I try not to get too frustrated. 

Yeah, I like the "fix info" feature as well, it goes nicely along with the LittleNavMap TOD indication if you're not inclined to use Simbrief. I miss the terrain display a bit though especially if descending into an area with a mountain range somewhere in between your aircraft and the airport. 

No issues with dev version here.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Since I use the experimental version with the custom flight plan manager, I've not had one single messed up approach at all, not once. It's working perfectly; one of the latest updates completed all possible routes/transitions/circles/whatever-gets-painted-onto-the-nd, so anything should be workable right now. I wouldn't have believed it what difference this makes to immersion - previously it was horrible with the default MSFS flight plans, messed up every single time.

2 hours ago, JSmith2112 said:

I miss the terrain display a bit though

Doesn't the FBW A320 terrain display work? It does for me. The button to the right of the NAV display.