Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

FSX FULL SCREEN

I usually run FSX in a window. I used to run it in full screen sometimes. I usually do some other stuff on my second monitor.Last time I ran FSX in full screen was on monitor 1 res. 1600x1200 and monitor 2 res. 1024x768. And of course monitor 2 stayed accessable with that resolution. And I was able to display parts of the cockpit and the gps on monitor2.This time I ran monitor 1 full screen at 1920x1200, but monitor 2, which stays at 1024x768m, was completely BLANK. I tried different resolutions with the same results. Am I doing something wrong.System:Pentium 4, 3.8ghz2gig of ramATI X850xtMonitor 1 - Dell 27"Monitor 2 - Soney 21"Appreciate any help.Thanks.Abe

Guest SimFan71

I fly with 2 monitors as well and the same thing happens to me every time I load FSX. I save my flight every time I'm done and reload it the next time, assuming all the panel positions will save (I believe they should, but they don't!) I have to reopen them, and when I do they appear on my primary display and I have to drag them over to the 2nd screen manually, but it starts out blank!Not sure if that is the same issue you are seeing or why the positions don't save - if someone could shed some light on that I would be grateful too!

Like I mentioned. There was a time where I could access the 2nd monitor while flying FSX in full screen on the 1st monitor. But somehow, I can no longer do that. My 2nd monitor is completely blank. I wish somebody could help us both.Abe

>Like I mentioned. There was a time where I could access the>2nd monitor while flying FSX in full screen on the 1st>monitor. But somehow, I can no longer do that. My 2nd monitor>is completely blank. I wish somebody could help us both.>>AbeATI just released new drivers 7.3 so you may want to try them. They seem pretty robust. As of 7.2 their a different design, then 7.1 and back, so they may work better for you!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'm guessing it is a driver issue as well. Nvidia has betas out (101.41) from early March that have helped, but I've had to stick to running in windows mode. I 'undock' the main window and stretch it across my main screen and then put the others on my second.When I tried full screen I usually could get it to work once if that. I had one screen at 1440x900 and the second at 1280-1024.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Guest wji

"Am I doing something wrong."Your call, captain . . . I've always run flightsimulator in Fullscreen Mode to get the graphics' benefits built into it at Microsoft. But, as the French would say: "Chacun

Thanks guys. Looks like I have to download ATI 7.3 and give it a try.Abe

This is an old nut and the solution is in technique.I have two monitors but with the advent of good 3D cockpits I only use one for FSX normally. However, as an experiment I tried the FS9 technique for two monitors in full screen. So here is my method which I have proven to work to my satisfaction.Start Fsx and leap into the aircraft you wish to use, if not in Windowed mode then swap to it. Select the extra panels you wish to display and move them to the second monitor. When you have them all in position then swap to 3D cockpit and you will see the extra panels. Move them into position and resize if necessary onto your second screen.IMPORTANT: NOW GO BACK TO WINDOWS MODE AND SAVE THE FLIGHT.This last step records the positions of the panels on the second screen. Go back to 3D mode and enjoy your flight.At the end of your flight go back to windows mode to save it and ensure that you start your next flight in Windowed mode. Starting in Windowed mode may not be necessary but from my recollection it is the "Safe" way to preserve your 2nd monitor settings. So I always start and end in Windows mode and when I swap to 3D cockpit my second monitor settings are preserved from the last flight.You will need to do this for every aircraft that you wish to fly with two monitors and if you start a flight then select a different aircraft all will be lost. So the trick is to save all of the aircraft you wish to fly with two monitors (using the above techniques) with a memorable name and load that flight to set the aircraft monitor configs up. You can always relocate the aircraft if it is at the wrong location for your next flight.This works for me, I hope that it works for you.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.