Sign in to follow this  
Cavemanhead

Please Help Build a Hyper-realistc Suite of Planes

I've been watching FS2020 since it came out...  I have a copy but life has just been too busy to fly...  Targeting sometime next year to get back in the groove after a new PC.  At any rate, there seems to be a lack of super high end, study type aircraft with a focus on hyper-realism, though maybe I've been missing the boat...  Can you guys provide suggestions of planes already out or are in development that are known to fall within the following requirements:

• Study sim level
  • Developed for FS2020 (I'd consider ported but want all flight model improvements possible)
  • As realistic FM and systems modeling as possible (very important)

At least 1 plane from each category...  I'm not too particular as long as it's "study level".  Guidance below, but anything in between would be considered as well:

1. Small GA (140, 152, 170, 172, 180, 182).  Preference is 170 or 180
  2. Medium Twin - something like the King Air B200
  3. Corporate Jet - Cessna, Lear, etc...
  4. Large Turbo Prop like ATR
  5. Large commercial Jet (747, 737, 757, DC9, etc...)  Probably 737 preferred
  6. Military trainer (Just Flight Hawk already looks like it will fit the bill perfectly)

Thoughts?  I've lost track of what companies specialize in hyper-real study sim aircraft for FS2020.  Thanks for your help.

LOL...  I thought this would get more interest.  In general, it seems there are a planes available, but I'm looking for those types of planes with every nuance polished...  I'm hoping there will be at least one form each category above - maybe there already is but if so, I've missed the boat and/or there's a bunch of new developers out there that can make some really good planes.

I don't think there really are any right now. By Christmas we may have 1 or even 5, depending.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Default C-172 is good enough for hyper realism . Get PMDG DC-6 turn off flight engineer and see what happens! 🙂

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

https://fenixsim.com/

Read a couple of their dev updates and you’ll see that their a320 is shaping up to be even better than PMDG in terms of nuanced details and system fidelity. 

Now this is more of what I was expecting...  It really is amazing that the sim has been out as long as it has been with no more hyper-real options than listed...  I thought all the developers were working before the initial release by about a year...  Surprised it's taking so long...

1 hour ago, Cavemanhead said:

Now this is more of what I was expecting...  It really is amazing that the sim has been out as long as it has been with no more hyper-real options than listed...  I thought all the developers were working before the initial release by about a year...  Surprised it's taking so long...

From what I gather MSFS brought a significant change to the tech stack used for addon development, which means developers will need time to learn the new tech stacks and make new project pipelines that's efficient enough for long term development for MSFS.

Some of them also took longer to realize that MSFS is growing rapidly to be the sim platform of choice for the majority of simmers, for them to be able to justify leaving their old ways and innovate again.

Not to mention the less-than-favorable Sim Updates in the past which threw heavy wrenches at the progress of the addon developers.

• Upvote 1

Attempts to make even slightly realistic aircraft generally have met with a lot of opposition. 

A lot of users have complained about any sort of weathering at all, preferring unrealistically shiny new textures like the aircraft is straight from the showroom. Also aircraft like the CRJ have got a lot of criticism for being "too hard to learn" and using a realistic FMS instead of the default flight plans.

2 hours ago, Cavemanhead said:

A year is VERY SHORT in the life cycle of any simulator. You'r asking speciffically for a native plane, made for MSFS. I really dont think you realize how LONG the devellopment process of such a thing is. 

• Like 4

Feel free to develop one hyper realistic aircraft if you think the market is big enough.

• Like 2

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

For small GA, the Piper PA28 Arrow III, Turbo Arrow III/IV from JustFlight are excellent.

• Like 2

What is Hyper-Realistic?  What is surprising, do you realize how long it takes to develop a new "hyper realistic" plane from scratch? 

First release of any PMDG, FSL, A2A plane usually takes a few years on a new platform. 

In the interim you have the DC-6 if you want "hyper-realistic" Milviz have released the Porter I understand is very good, the new Hawk is supposed to be exceptional, default 390 with mod is a great bird to fly, you have all the WT mods as well as the FBW 320.

• Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any aeroplane at all for any PC-based flight simulator which one could truly consider 'hyper-realistic'. Possibly the Majestic Dash-8 Q400 for P3D/FSX would be a contender in some respects because its most expensive version has all the obscure test modes available on the FMC and working circuit breakers, and the Flight Sim Labs A320 for P3D also ticks a lot of the boxes to make it a contender too, but I could still name plenty of things on these which are not what I would say were hyper-realistic, and I consider these things to be the best-two PC-based flight sim aeroplanes there are.

The one which is threatening to top those two, and is for MSFS, is the forthcoming Fenix Simulations Airbus A320, but it's a while off just at the moment.

So of we temper our expectations a bit and only consider things currently available for MSFS, the I would say the ones which are the top the list at the moment are the PMDG DC-6, Just Flight PA-28 variants, AT Simulations Piaggio P.149, Just Flight BAe Hawk, YSIM Subsonex JSX 2, Mario Noriega Designs Caproni Vizzola C22 Ventura, Carenado PA34 Seneca, Asobo Top Rudder 103 Solo, Fly Inside Bell 47G, Aeroplane Heaven Supermarine Spitfire Mark 1, Milviz Porter. And by this I mean these are difficult to seriously criticise in any major way at this stage in the proceedings.

Honorable mentions go to a lot of others though, including the Aerosoft CRJ, Milviz FG-1D Corsair, Big Radials Curtiss P-40B, Black Box Simulations Britten Norman Islander, Blue Mesh Designs Caudron C.430 Rafale, Orbx Edgley EA-7 Optica, Aeroplane Heaven Cessna 140, Touching Cloud JW1 Sky Pirat, FlySimWare Grumman G44 Widgeon, Asobo Junker Ju-52/3m, Flying Iron Supermarine Spitfire Mark IX, Flying Iron P-38 Lightning, Asobo Aviat A 1C Husky. By this I mean they offer a lot and would most likely not disappoint you, with some of these having very innovative features.

That's quite a lot to be going on with, and the vast majority of these are reviewed on my youtube channel, or are awaiting me doing a review.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here