Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Live Airport Activity - is it just me?

some may blow this up as an issue, just a small disturbance for me as I always get confused with the 2 boards Departure/FROM and Arrival/TO. I mean, if arrival means those at the current airport, ENVA in below case, shouldn't it read Arrival/FROM and departure/TO instead? Or is this a TGIF thing and I should need some rest?

spacer.png

• Like 3

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

10 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Yes of course

thanks, what a relief. thought only I cannot wrap my mind around it. will zendesk it. btw, really cool that those are actual real flights indeed as promised, never double checked it. quite impressive

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

What would it be in case of a roundtrip ENVA?  Deparval/to Arriture/From? Sorry, couldn't resist 🙂 🙂 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

1 hour ago, DAD said:

some may blow this up as an issue, just a small disturbance for me as I always get confused with the 2 boards Departure/FROM and Arrival/TO. I mean, if arrival means those at the current airport, ENVA in below case, shouldn't it read Arrival/FROM and departure/TO instead? Or is this a TGIF thing and I should need some rest?

spacer.png

Good catch.  Yes, that makes no sense as it is currently.

Should be Departure/TO and Arrival/FROM as you mentioned.

Interesting, I have never seen that a screen like that before in the sim, not even sure how you get it.  But seeing it now in your post it does seem a little strange, so I agree with your comment.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

40 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Interesting, I have never seen that a screen like that before in the sim, not even sure how you get it.  But seeing it now in your post it does seem a little strange, so I agree with your comment.

The screen comes up when an airport is selected for either departure/arrival and you click on the live airport activity button bottom right just above the FLY button. Note that I only use MP and live traffic, no AI traffic. BTW, I zendesked the logic error to MS.

Edited by DAD
typo

Phil Leaven

I actually am seeing some Live GA traffic this morning at KPIA. What a surprise. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Can anyone figure out how the flights are ordered/sorted?  And times?  Are they local or Z?  Gotta love it!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

OK.  Somewhat have it figured out, partially.  LOL

So I used a busy airport, KSTL, as my departure, and a small GA airport, KBMG, as my arrival.  The screen populated with numerous flights. To numerous for either side of the screen to be for KBMG.  Note the first flight listed on the left side, SWA5079.  Southwest 5079.  Looked it up.  It is a flight from St Louis to Boston.  Looked up a couple of others.  Are are From St Louis.  So the left side are flights From the Departure airport.  Looked up flights on the right side and like AAL1362, American 1362.  It is a flight from Dallas to St Louis.  So those on the right side  are flights To St Louis.  No idea how or what the times are based on.

Certainly not intuitive.....  If they simply lost the From and To indications it would somehow make sense.

Airport%20Activity.jpg

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

L-O-L.  I've never even SEEN any of the screens pictured.  They're always blank, i.e. no traffic.

I did see a GA aircraft one time, a few weeks ago, at some airport.  I was stunned.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

26 minutes ago, Mace said:

L-O-L.  I've never even SEEN any of the screens pictured.  They're always blank, i.e. no traffic.

I did see a GA aircraft one time, a few weeks ago, at some airport.  I was stunned.

You must click on the Live Activity bar, and nothing before I saw this topic led me to believe it was a clickspot....  It also takes some time for any flights to populate, especially for GA airports.  And if you pick one major commercial airport and a smaller GA airport it appears to show only traffic for the larger airport.  I expect that the smaller airports traffic gets squeezed out by volume of the listings.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

You must click on the Live Activity bar, and nothing before I saw this topic led me to believe it was a clickspot....  It also takes some time for any flights to populate, especially for GA airports.  And if you pick one major commercial airport and a smaller GA airport it appears to show only traffic for the larger airport.  I expect that the smaller airports traffic gets squeezed out by volume of the listings.

Thank you for letting me know about this 'live airport activity' bar, I too did not know it was a click spot.  However I have select KLAX as the departure airport, selected the activity bar, and the sim has sat for about 20 minutes - there are now flights of any type showing in the windows (all blank).  It seems one MUST select both a departure and arrival airport, which I never do (only departure airport and gate).

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K