Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

Classic Jet Art

My kind wife bought me a very nice piece of artwork of a DC-8 over the iconic Douglas sign. I thought it might be of interest to some of you so JetAgeArt.com is where she found it. Large variety of artwork there. Here’s some swag that came with it.

F71EF7D0-34A9-4180-8730-ABD6FFB75548.jpeg

• Like 2

As a former DC8 flight engineer I love it 👍

• Like 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Hope we don't get spanked for screenshots, but this is a watermarked version of the one my wife got me. What a sweetheart. (My Buffalo hoodie she got me is going to feel good now that the temperature is dropping.) Also the artist provides great instructions on framing. I love collecting airline memorabilia, even if it's just printing out crazy ads from those days. We're lucky to be able to have so much online to explore.

15 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

As a former DC8 flight engineer I love it 👍

Would love to hear some stories and get your opinion on the DC-8s available. Hard to say why I love them, even with the known issues. Pushing four throttle levers forward, the march of technology from Ship One on. the days when flying was special. I had the good luck to fly on a DC-8 (yeah, I know you've heard this one). My first tour during Desert Storm what do I find on the tarmac but a Hawaiian Airlines DC-8 with flight attendants in Hawaiian shirts. What a trippy way to go to war. Flew from NAS Sigonella Sicily to Manama. We landed at night and the first thing I saw out the window as we taxied to parking was a horse rearing up as some guys were trying to get it off or (more likely) onto an airplane. I could have probably have gotten a peek inside the flight deck, but I had other things on my mind at the time. I could kick myself.

Care to comment on the DC-8 versus the 707? Just curious.

LGB-House Colors DC-8 Poster v2.5 FINAL Watermarked Lo[1527].jpg

I can't comment on the 707! The closest I flew, as a guest of a friend of mine, was a KC135 flight over Chad for refuelling Jaguar and Mirage F1. Yeah I have tons of stories about the DC-8, a very reliable friend. But sometimes in your career things like engine shutdown or hydraulic leaks happen. "Desert Storm", I made the very first flights of French Air Force in the last quarter of 1990 to bring some delights for Saddam forces, mainly tons of Mk something and I flew all through the campaign till the end of it! That was round the clock flights 🤘without any "vitamins". By the way my longuest flight for the DC-8 with a 72CF is CDG to RKSS, with the prime minister on board, 14 hours and a half over Siberia, Japan(no overflight of China in those days).

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

16 hours ago, Major_Bloodnok said:

Great find! Talking of DC8....

spacer.png

I have it plus "Saturn", "Air Afrique" and another one, all bought at the then "Museum of Flight" at Santa Monica airport!

Patrick Mussotte

My first trip on an airplane was with my parents going on vacation, i was about 10 years old, the plane was a Super DC-8 and we flew from Amsterdam Schiphol to Girona, Spain.

I had been caught with the aviation bug since i was around 5 years old, or so i've been told.
Never having been abroad, that first trip showed me a wondrous world where one can travel to other countries in a few hours time, it all seemed like a miracle to me. The pilots in their uniform, the loud engine noises, and of course that beautiful plane at the gate, my eyes were as big as plates to take it all in.
Hm, i begin to sound a bit like an old man here.

Thanks for the link to JetAgeArt.com !!

Edited by Wildblue

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.