Sign in to follow this  
DJ Rosko

XACT 3_4.dll CTD inflight

Hi Bryan, 

Tried out FS2Crew for my beloved FSL A32X’s for the first time and loving it so far (even if it sometimes doesn’t like my Boston accent) 

Have done dozens of flights with it no issue.  Last night-while climbing out on a short hop and using my hide/show button along with popping up secondary panel a few times in a row, I got the XACT.dll crash.  Ran a system scan etc.  some things were fixed.  I do not have ANYTHING on this PC other than stock windows and Flight Sim apps-it’s purpose built-no DRM stuff or anything mentioned in previous (years old) posts regarding XACT CTD’s.  

You can see the exact moment of the CTD, what I did before/after in this video (channel is not monetized) @ the 59:00 mark onwards.  

Again-I had done countless flights prior with zero issue.  Only changes I made were some FSL livery additions.  

Sometimes 3rd liveries can induce corruption into the aircraft if they contain errors.

I would try it again, but use a stock livery.

There's also a chance it could just be a one off thing if you've made a lot of flights in the past with no issues.

Edited by byork
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, byork said:

Sometimes 3rd liveries can induce corruption into the aircraft if they contain errors.

I would try it again, but use a stock livery.

There's also a chance it could just be a one off thing if you've made a lot of flights in the past with no issues.

Thanks Bryan.  I had some issues with my mouse cursor as well (not sure if I can link the thread here from FSL-but I will and a mod can fix it if need be)  First time I’d had that issue-had wondered if it was GeForce experience.  

When the crash happened-I had turned the FS2CREW panels on/off a few times in quick succession.   

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/30922-disappearing-mouse-cursor-on-efb/&do=findComment&comment=246660

Edited by DJ Rosko

13 hours ago, byork said:

Hard to say.  P3D is a house a of cards.  It can glitch from time to time.

But if you're banging the panel open and close in quick succession... maybe that caused it to glitch.

Cheers,

I kind of figured as much that’s what I was wondering about.  With Cross the Pond being so close-what would you recommend I do to be on the safe side prior?  
Just a reinstall?  I’m also planning on picking up FS2Crew for the 737ngxu-would installing that version happen to also reset the XACT-DLL file in question?