Sign in to follow this  
buspelle

Extremley long loadningtime after SU6

Any idea why it takes "ages" before the "blue line" is finsish during the loadingprocess and the sim is abot to start. And 3 out of 4 times it results in CTD...

Anyone else having this problem/issue?

Best regards 

buspelle

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, buspelle said:

Any idea why it takes "ages" before the "blue line" is finsish during the loadingprocess and the sim is abot to start. And 3 out of 4 times it results in CTD...

Best regards 

buspelle

If you read my post the other day, that is exactly what I happened to me, and it turned out to be a bad livery in the community folder for the Piper Seminole. It had to be updated after SU6.  This could happen with any livery that you have in the community folder that hasn't been updated. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, buspelle said:

Best regards 

buspelle

I'm seeing this as well at times.  Piggy backing off of what Bob just said this might extend to older scenery as well. 

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, buspelle said:

Best regards 

buspelle

Community folder. Just unlink or move anything you aren't using to speed things up, and re-introduce when needed.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

15 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Community folder. Just unlink or move anything you aren't using to speed things up, and re-introduce when needed.

Yes, and you can alternatively use Addon Linker to easy the process.

Regards.

same behavior here: long loading time and most of the time CTD, after update Microsoft Store application itself it works as before SU6. For the future it would be a problem to reinstall all addons one by one after each MSFS update as the amount of addons grows from month to month. Additional I do not expect that every developer is able to update his products for every SU or WU. Will see how it is going on...

Best regards Ralf

Ralf Andreas

I use Add on Linker - have turned off all community add-ons except the freeware GNS 730 which i have just installed to try out with my Just Flight Piper Arrow.

Orbx can link its airports via an alias in the community folder so I left those links intact.

Same problem - after launching - and then selecting airport and aircraft - Long blue bar progresses all the way to the end and just sits there. I checked memory usage and while GPU is at 57 -100 percent and settles to around 65 percent and CPU is at 34 percent..

I was setting up a flight from Obrx Brisbane airport. Some other contributor (Pete) suggested unlinking and relinking. This I have done but it makes no difference.

After 20 or so minutes i ended up using Task Manager to quit and relaunch.

In the read me, this GNS Add on states it is update to date (it states compatible with update 1.20.)

When relaunching the same situation a second time ,from the same airport,  the blue bar progress is slower compared to the first attempt and it still hangs. Gave up after 8 minutes.

For a 3rd attempt tried from a default airport (YMMB) Melbourne.

Launched within 20 seconds successfully.!!

Dunno about anyone else but this seems to point suspiciously to an issue with Orbx specific airport scenery??  As these hangs has occurred at other Orbx airports airports also ...

I could be jumping to conclusions here, but it does seem odd

I saved a File Dump of the situation

Ray

I removed all mods and still have the issue with the flight not loading.  The progress bar gets all the way to the right but the flight won't load.  I've left it running for over an hour and no cigar.  

Alexander Alonso

17 minutes ago, FlyAndFight said:

I removed all mods and still have the issue with the flight not loading.  The progress bar gets all the way to the right but the flight won't load.  I've left it running for over an hour and no cigar.  

Task manager to quit and try the same setup again? Sometimes, mine will load on a second try.

What i find odd, is that the ASOBO error message does not come up at this stage when you reload the sim

Edited by ray hughes

On 10/22/2021 at 10:06 PM, buspelle said:

Best regards 

buspelle

What worked for me:
I have to set the leveler for the terrain to 200, otherwise the loading time is forever.  After the game is loaded, I set it up to 400.

happy landings 

• Like 1

i7-10700k - MSI RTX 2080ti - LG OLEDC2

5 hours ago, Bumelbee said:

What worked for me:
I have to set the leveler for the terrain to 200, otherwise the loading time is forever.  After the game is loaded, I set it up to 400.

happy landings 

Hi,

Good idea.

I'll try it!

Regards.