Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

FS11: Has development started?

For an interesting approach at combining detailed LOD environment with a larger geographic area, try to get a look at the driving game

Guest wyoming

"there's more than one way" thing. It's always refreshing to learn that there might be.

And there has to be some sort of level of detail algorithm going on, because cruising at 40,000 feet gets me more FPS than 4000 feet over a dense area.There is... sort of. This is from fsinsider.com:"{SCENERY} SmallPartRejectRadius=1.0In the real world, the further an object (an airplane, building, etc.) is from the viewer's eye, the smaller it appears to be. In Flight Simulator X, by default, if an object gets so small that it would take up less than 1 pixel, then the graphics system simply doesn't draw that object. By changing this value to a larger number, you can reduce the number of objects FSX renders in a scene and increase your frame rate, but it can also mean that parts of aircraft or buildings will disappear when they should still be in view."

Guest PARADISE

I can see the ACES team meeting on this now. "Alright guys, what are we going to do for FS11?""Well, it all depends. What hardware HASN'T been developed yet?........create a software around that!"John M

I was and still am a harsh critic of FSX. I don't like it at all and probably never will. The SP will improve performance sure but not what we all want or expect. Having said that, I do think the guys on ACES are very smart and I would be willing to bet that come FS11, it will look and feel nothing like FS10 (the good Lord willing).

Eric