Sign in to follow this  
carbonbasedlifeform

Logbook/flight summary stopped recording landings after SU6

The last 7 flights I have taken, Zero landings. It's definetly a bug. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

36 minutes ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

When I finish a flight, the landing field is blank in flight summary/logbook. Also, the arrival always says "in the vicinity of." Is anyone else having this problem?

My four landings since SU6 have all logged correctly.

Are you starting on the runway running?  Or starting cold and dark.  And when you arrive and park, how are you shutting down the systems and the aircraft?  When I start in a running condition on the runway, and when I properly shut down after parking, my logbook entries are complete.  Note also you should turn off lights and then shut off the avionics master before shutting down generators and batteries.  My logbook pops up as soon as I turn the avionics master off.  Departure and destination are both logged for me when I do it that way.

An issue here is the lack of documentation for MSFS advising of characteristics like this.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

My four landings since SU6 have all logged correctly.

Are you starting on the runway running?  Or starting cold and dark.  And when you arrive and park, how are you shutting down the systems and the aircraft?  When I start in a running condition on the runway, and when I properly shut down after parking, my logbook entries are complete.  Note also you should turn off lights and then shut off the avionics master before shutting down generators and batteries.  My logbook pops up as soon as I turn the avionics master off.  Departure and destination are both logged for me when I do it that way.

An issue here is the lack of documentation for MSFS advising of characteristics like this.

Exactly my experience also @fppilot. 👍

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

When the annoying logbook pops up after the flight, I get the takeoff, but no landing indicated.  Look at the logbook in my profile and both are actually logged.

Edited by cshark172
  • Like 1

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

True, documentation may help but there is no question that the logbook feature of MSFS is pure rubbish and has been so since launch. Why Asobo can’t (or won’t) fix this is one of life’s great mysteries. Starting cold and dark on the ramp is almost guaranteed to mean your departure (take off) won’t be recorded. Multi sector flights are not recorded either. Opting not to be thrown out the cockpit on shutdown causes an extra garbage entry in the logbook. Columns don’t even line up properly. It’s a very neglected part of the sim.

Not a deal breaker (for me) but it would be nice if this was all fixed by now. 

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

It is obviously not a serious issue to them for a game.  For all of my recent flights, I shut down all systems according to checklists.  When I review my logbook I find my flight was recorded, but I also find an additional logbook entry that logged the time after shutdown but before return to Main Menu.

In the hours I logged when still active I could have significantly boosted my hours by logging time debriefing after time with instructors and check rides.

Come on man, Asobo!  The logbook needs immediate attention.  I would appreciate the opportunity to clean my logbook up from non-flying hours, and to edit other extraneous entries, such as successful flights with successful hours and flights ending at "in proximity of" airports.

Let's get real here!

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The logbook window does not always pop up but when ever I look for the previous flight in the book is logged in correctly. 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

8 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

When I finish a flight, the landing field is blank in flight summary/logbook. Also, the arrival always says "in the vicinity of." Is anyone else having this problem?

I stopped looking at the logbook last November... totally useless.

Logbook, achievements, bush trips, save/autosave feature, autopilot advanced features, all of this must be taken care of by people who are actually capable of fixing them.

There are many (apparently) trivial issues that are unsolved since release: either Asobo do not care, or they are incapable to fix them.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

I've only done one flight since SU6, and it recorded the landing properly.

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080

Every completed start and landing is in my log book. Staring at august 26th 2020 until today.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Read two complaints this morning from X box users. Same problem,landings are not logged. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

My one flight since SU6 was properly recorded. As I use LNM, I rely on the logbook in that with, as far as I can see, does not distinguish between day and night. 

I mostly havent any takeoffs despite having shutting down ATC .Maybe it still is active in the background? Sometimes i notice my com 1 has changed.

Not good on vatsim i guess.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png