Sign in to follow this  
Guest tomcatdriver1956

Steve Hinson's Tomcat

Guest tomcatdriver1956

THEY MADE ME RE-UPLOAD! Tom wrote me from Japan., I told him how urgent this was, he said he would call Chase. HE DID, @ 5:15 PM CDT (-6z). I figured using email would be faster. Nels at Flightsim was cool and took care of it. So was Pete at simviation.comBUT here, FORMALITIES! UGH! So Ii sent it the long way home, then Jeremy wrote me: "STEVE: NO NAME in README. Even though ID.DIZ was full of names, mine inclded. Ya think a developer would get a break? BUT NOOOOOOOO, LOL! It is GOING UP NOW! Here is info: IN FSX PANELS! Hope YOU LIKE the rework.I sure could use a few "atta boy" emails, LOL! It seems we developers are fading away for the same reason. *******Here is some useful information about your upload:UploadID: 209947Name: F14D Tomcat Rev 0 Update 1.0-- CTD Panel/Gauge FixSize: 1543 kbThanks, Good night, Had funQ , well sort of, lolSteve Hinson

SteveThanks for your note, and further notes here in this thread; but, most importantly, thank you for all the effort you have put into this F-14 project. Great stuff! Having done a few bits and pieces myself too, I know just how demanding it is to get things right and how easy it can be to overlook a file or reference. Particularly, as so few of us have standard installs of FS9 to test things on! I have actually set up a bog-standard install now, in parallel, for this very reason, to ensure that I only ever test things on a standard set-up.Now get well, d'ya hear! I have a good friend who lives in McCook, so if I'm ever up to see him I'll look you up!Best,MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cx.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/avsimlogo.jpg[/a]

Guest tomcatdriver1956

LETS BBQ! I mean it. I cook a mean "batch of baked beans" with my grandma's ORIGINAL 1931 recipe! Hot DOGS!, Burgers! YES!Someone knows where this place is. I will take you 11 miles north to the McCook AAF Base. OVER 15,000 PLOTS and crews trained here from 1940-44. EVERY BOMRER TYPE flew out of her and dropped bombs in this are on the ranges. USING THE "TOP SECRET" NORDEN BOMB SIGHT. Kept in a HUGE VAULT guarded by 2 ARMED Guards at all times. Even after EVERY FLIGHT from a crew using it, it was whisked away and locked up. We still have the vault and a copy of the Norden BS! Awesome history, they put ILS /GS for emergency landing from comercial palnes. The runwa is long, thin k 8-9,000'l x 1250'w The:b17b24b25b29b36ALL flew here and that is how we got our town! It grew from 2,000 to 18,000 in 6 months at the height of the war. Only 2 crashes, a b17g, a b29b "bought the farm" just 35 mile north of us, The 29 ate hay about 80 mile nw. I went there. There is a plaque, the crew names are alnost gone form it now. Covered with weeds. Every so often, it is spruced up by a vet who lost a buddy here! Overall Nebraska was used for it's isolation, low glide path for inbound approaches.Think of it: 15,000 men! All here to fight for our country, just kids mostly, but the photos tell the story, THEY COULD FLT! Boy when they flew in formations of 100 or more over town at 1,000' every one ran outside and waved!, the leader always waggled back! TRUE STORIES, in our museum out there. 3 runways in triangle pattern.After the war, it closed down. Sad, it wais a huge site back then. We lived in one of the pilots hoses on G/6th St. An honor!Got to runREALLY: Thanks! I get weak and my typing is shot, THIS method of talking is to archaic. Lets all use my talkie way i creatd, much easier! REALLY. If you get a HEARme, i can spit ore out in 10 minutes than 1 hout on this stupid KB way. Still we type. lol.Goo dby for know I have 5 more emial AN THEY ARE SO HAPPY WITH BIRD, EFFORT , FIX, theay all know me and are (so dar) wooried I might keel over! lol. Got to go answer "For the Whom the Bell Tolls" Good Day, SAFE FLYING, in the dix fet the carrier contol panek enlarged set it to pos 5 , see jpg s i mae of this very thing. I folder. Also , youu ust use spot to sse it it ids a tiny blck bos with oe tiny light at top center of screen. pull from right side, strestch it, then naim panel mpen radio postio xarrie contol panel abotv toradi tied, toer, then save flight! read cop3 docs, sno witch to laycjcnh throttkles up 70%! last off, set at globsl fro traing an d moving carriers, carr 2006 staic need zine numbe inin sheet in cop foiledr, must dtop gktttt stevee sorryy topy