Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Whose getting Forza Horizon 5 here?

The graphics look absolutely beautiful. It reminds me of the car version of MSFS for some reason. The 2 titles are quite similar in terms of style, lighting, UI, etc.

Anyways I haven't decided on whether or not to purchase it from Steam or MS. I'm probably going to go with the Steam version this time around. I don't like the weird encryption stuff that MS store version has with it's folders and what not, and plus I like to keep all my games if possible in Steam.

Also does anyone know if the PC version will have the best performance and graphics? I heard that the console version will be the one with the better graphics, but how is that so? The typical gaming PC user will have better hardware. I hope it's not the case. If so, then I won't be buying it at all. There's no reason the PC version would be stripped down compared to the console.

As for edition, there are standard, deluxe and premium. If I get standard will I be able to upgrade to and get all the stuff from the premium edition later on? $99 is quite a lot of money.

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi captain420,

If you don't mine, may I ask you where you purchased the Nvidia RTX 3090 FE from?...I've been looking for almost a year and nowhere to be found.  Even going to Best Buy where I live in Atlanta Ga and nothing!..So frustrating.  I guess you have to be there at the right time to grab one but no luck.

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by F1Fan

I got mine from Best Buys. I was lucky to find them in stock online at the right second. I know it's hard finding a lot of things these days, but just keep trying. Good luck to ya!

Edited by captain420
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Me ! Pre-ordered already ! Got the premium version, I know I'll want the DLC anyway.  Looks good, and I pretty much have the whole Forza series. Since Forza 3 anyway.

Sue

Edited by Penzoil3
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I got mine from Best Buys. I was lucky to find them in stock online at the right second. I know it's hard finding a lot of things these days, but just keep trying. Good luck to ya!

Thank You Captain420, much appreciate the reply.  Yes, I just need to keep looking.  

Thanks again my friend!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Penzoil3 said:

Me ! Pre-ordered already ! Got the premium version, I know I'll want the DLC anyway.  Looks good, and I pretty much have the whole Forza series. Since Forza 3 anyway.

Sue

Did you get it from Steam or MS Store?

Me preordering soon the premium on ms store. I'm a huge fan of the Forza series, especially Horizon. Play anywhere titles I usually do always via ms store for the ease of use with both pc and xbox. And to be honest I never had problems with updates like others here with msfs or other titles. Ms store is working smooth if you are used to it.

Cheers T.

• Like 1

I always worry about the quality of the car physics in these "AAA" racing games. Assetto Corsa has rather spoiled me in that department, and I would not want anything less.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'll be getting it and I actually like the 'lesser' car physics.  Its not completely gamey but its not hyper real for sure.  I had a codemasters racing sim one time and I never could win anything because I couldnt figure out how to tune the car good enough.  I'm not mechanically inclined in real life - I don't need a sim that reinforces that fact.

• Like 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

13 hours ago, F1Fan said:

If you don't mine, may I ask you where you purchased the Nvidia RTX 3090 FE from

It's not a good one but here's one alternative:   https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-RTX-3090-Founders-Graphics/dp/B08HR6ZBYJ  .

Edited by W2DR

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Pre-Ordered the Ultimate Version the second it was announced.  Big Forza fan here.  Ordered at the MS Store.

• Like 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

36 minutes ago, F1Fan said:

Ouch!....no thanks. $4K?...They are crazy. 

Not if they can get it 😀. The really crazy one is the guy who would pay anything even close to that outrageous amount.

• Like 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

12 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I always worry about the quality of the car physics in these "AAA" racing games. Assetto Corsa has rather spoiled me in that department, and I would not want anything less.

Yeah Assetto Corsa is non plus ultra... But Horizon has different focus and not putting the as real as it gets first... Its more about the open world and having fun there...

Cheers T.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W2DR said:

It's not a good one but here's one alternative:   https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-RTX-3090-Founders-Graphics/dp/B08HR6ZBYJ  .

Yikes! If one is going to pay those types of prices, might as well go on Ebay......

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=rtx+3090&_sop=12

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5