Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Visual Artifacts / Square Pixels at second flight?

Since SU6 (?) I experience strange GPU/visual artifacts when panning view. During panning I get areas with extremely oversized "pixels" as long as the movement lasts. It looks like I have something like a 40x20 resolution in these view areas. It is not the whole screen but a good part of it (1/3 of the upper half of the the screen?)  It only occurs when I have finished a flight and I go back to the Welcome Screen to start another flight. This second flight does show these artifacts. The initial flight after MSFS was started does has never shown this anomaly. Any ideas what could cause this?

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Since SU6 (?) I experience strange GPU/visual artifacts when panning view. During panning I get areas with extremely oversized "pixels" as long as the movement lasts. It looks like I have something like a 40x20 resolution in these view areas. It is not the whole screen but a good part of it (1/3 of the upper half of the the screen?)  It only occurs when I have finished a flight and I go back to the Welcome Screen to start another flight. This second flight does always show these artifacts. The initial flight after MSFS was started does not show this anomaly. Any ideas what could cause this?

Not even second flight. A320 tail looks like a chess board at night lit up. Thought the Vram had gone. unistalled DCH Nvidia drivers and used W11 updater to replace and no issue so far.

Edited by 40track

I got the same when landing lights were on in the Bonanza after I landed in a rainstorm. Light off - no artifacts - lights on a checkerboard of white square pixels.

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I got it with the TBM 930 at few clouds weather.. So it seems not related to the a/c.  Can't believe it is a VRAM issue, but who knows.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

46 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I got it with the TBM 930 at few clouds weather.. So it seems not related to the a/c.  Can't believe it is a VRAM issue, but who knows.

Too common to be a Vram issue now thank god. ill test the basic updated w11 drivers and see if it comes back. 

Edited by 40track

If you have it on, try turning AA gamma correction off in NVCP.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Set on in the Nvidia control panel by default. T.Y for the idea. ill give it a go

Edited by 40track

3 hours ago, scotchegg said:

This! This has worked for me since SU5. Thought I was going to be stuck on an old driver until I came across this recommendation. Glad you beat me to it.

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

Not a render scaling bug is it again. 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Greetings,

Several weeks ago I was having the same issue.  Did a search and could not find anything related to the problem.  Shortly before the latest update, Nvidia released a new driver.  Reading the comments and fixes, it addressed the pixel problem..  I have been busy and was going to update my driver but did the world update first.  Just finished my first flight and the pixel problem is gone.  If the latest MSFS update doesn't help you, you might want to consider updating your driver.  The post regarding the driver is here on MSFS.

Hope this helps you

• Like 1

I've had this problem too and I suspect it might be an issue with liveries. When I fly the fbw a320 I only see this when I use certain liveries 

The problem was not existent with the 466.77 or older Nvidia drivers, just introduced by the newer drivers. For now the only cure I know is switching off AA gamma correction as scotchcegg wrote.

I saw this last night and it was on a 2nd flight also- at night, landing lights became very blocky and my FPS tanked to 3FPS from 30 locked, the sim became unresponsive also taking ages to close down. In the end I had to kill it via task manager 

Apologies if this isnt same issue but I also see light tracers behind objects particularly lamp posts in airports, so if I'm taxing past and look left or right there is traces of lights/artifacts behind it.  I've just seen something similar from a low flying jet (in multiplayer), I am stationary on the ground and could see tracer lights behind the aircraft?  Any ideas?

Thomas Derbyshire