Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Can someone help me get my head around Working Titles mods?

Maybe kaosfere or cwburnett or one of the team members could post an overview for novices (and dumbed down old pilots) on what is available. 

I was enjoying the rapid upgrades for the CJ4 but suffered a stroke in March and am just now starting to remember details. (really true, I lost a ton of brain cells - not all - but many).  I went looking for the latest CJ4 update but only found fspackages available.  No doubt the CJ4 is included in the fspackage, but, do I need more than the CJ4? How about the panels?  All compatible? I have lots of time to read the pilots/user guide (12.7) that is mentioned.

EDIT:  A few minutes after posting this I found a link to the Discord and followed the "Latest Versions" link to see v12.8 CJ4 is there ready for downloading with a single click. Just what I was seeking. (Thanks Ryan)

Regards,

Ray

• Like 7

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Oh no Ray!  I'm really sorry to hear that!

The best place to get them is their website

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/

They go into your Community folder.

Occasionally they post hotfixes and that sometimes shows up at their GitHub link

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

Oh one more thing, the G1000 NXi, is free at the Marketplaces once you open the sim.  Don't download the G1000 from the WorkingTitle website (not even sure if they have it available anymore)

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

13 hours ago, raymar said:

A few minutes after posting this I found a link to the Discord and followed the "Latest Versions" link to see v12.8 CJ4 is there ready for downloading with a single click. Just what I was seeking. (Thanks Ryan)

Hello Ray, hopefully you are left with a better memory than I possessed in the first place so a little tip: I set a folder in my browser of links which go to the update page for every single addon I have purchased for MSFS in the past year. Without it I would be lost and refer to it regularly checking for any updates I might have missed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

1 hour ago, Espana Pete said:

I set a folder in my browser of links which go to the update page for every single addon I have purchased for MSFS in the past year. 

That is so simple, but a really useful tip.  It is one of those things where you say 'why didn't I think of that?'.  I'm going to do it, for freeware as well (C152 mod etc.)

Now, if I could only remember everything I have bought.  Hmm...  :unsure:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

Hello Ray, hopefully you are left with a better memory than I possessed in the first place so a little tip: I set a folder in my browser of links which go to the update page for every single addon I have purchased for MSFS in the past year. Without it I would be lost and refer to it regularly checking for any updates I might have missed.

I do something similiar.  Every time I purchase something I have a word document called "FS Codes"  that I update with the product name, link to where it was purchased and appropriate code or email combination used to unlock it.  This was I don't have to dig for anything, especially on re-installs having all my codes in one spot is a life saver. 

@raymar  wishing you nothing but the best with the recovery. 

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 minutes ago, psolk said:

I do something similiar.  Every time I purchase something I have a word document called "FS Codes"  that I update with the product name, link to where it was purchased and appropriate code or email combination used to unlock it.  This was I don't have to dig for anything, especially on re-installs having all my codes in one spot is a life saver. 

@raymar  wishing you nothing but the best with the recovery. 

With a memory like mine, I need "Dashline" although it is primarily a password manager, I save everything I could possibly need later in their secure notes with the added bonus that it is installed on PC, my pad and smartphone. Wherever I am I have access to it. A real life saver for me. Other brands are available LOL.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

6 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

With a memory like mine, I need "Dashline" although it is primarily a password manager, I save everything I could possibly need later in their secure notes with the added bonus that it is installed on PC, my pad and smartphone. Wherever I am I have access to it. A real life saver for me. Other brands are available LOL.

LastPass here 🙂   Seems "great" LOL minds think alike... 

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I install and maintain them with this,  https://flightsim.to/file/15569/msfs-community-downloader

EDIT:  If you want the G3000 road data,  you have to download it from WT and drop it in your community folder like always.

Road data can be found here, https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/g3000/ 

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/download/g3000-v0.6.1/workingtitle-g3000-roaddata-v0.2.0.zip

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1

Ray,

Sorry to hear of your health issues, hope you are on the mend.

Totally agree with Waldo Pepper.  This mod is great for all the WT updates, makes it super easy to keep up with them and ensure you always have the most current versions - and you can even add to it if you like.

https://flightsim.to/file/15569/msfs-community-downloader

They even update the linker on a regular basis too.

Best!

7 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

That is so simple, but a really useful tip.  It is one of those things where you say 'why didn't I think of that?'.  I'm going to do it, for freeware as well (C152 mod etc.)

Now, if I could only remember everything I have bought.  Hmm...  :unsure:

Looks like you need to trawl through your CC statements!

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

22 hours ago, raymar said:

Maybe kaosfere or cwburnett or one of the team members could post an overview for novices (and dumbed down old pilots) on what is available. 

I was enjoying the rapid upgrades for the CJ4 but suffered a stroke in March and am just now starting to remember details. (really true, I lost a ton of brain cells - not all - but many).  I went looking for the latest CJ4 update but only found fspackages available.  No doubt the CJ4 is included in the fspackage, but, do I need more than the CJ4? How about the panels?  All compatible? I have lots of time to read the pilots/user guide (12.7) that is mentioned.

EDIT:  A few minutes after posting this I found a link to the Discord and followed the "Latest Versions" link to see v12.8 CJ4 is there ready for downloading with a single click. Just what I was seeking. (Thanks Ryan)

Regards,

Ray

I just wanted to say I'm glad you're starting to remember again! I'm glad you have some brain cells left, in fact you probably have more than the average person... 😄

• Like 2

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

Looks like you need to trawl through your CC statements!

Yep!  It certainly all goes on there! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.