Sign in to follow this  
vollmey

Qantas flight PANC-KJFK

Atlas Air operates for them on an ACMI basis. The -400F is painted in full Atlas Colors but goes by the callsign Qantas. They have another -400F that operates for Air New Zealand as welledit: and acmi means aircraft crews maintenance and insurance. ie atlas worldwide holdings just gets a check from qantas and qantas just gives them freight to pick up and drop off and thats all they do

Thanks Alex for the info. I knew Atlas has some 400F's in full Emirates colors and did work for them and other Airlines but did not know Qantas was one of them.Thanks!!

no prob. Im a wanna-be freight dawg. I love it!Atlas also flies for British Airways under a company called Global Supply Systems with the callsign speedbird. But the only airplanes painted in full customer colors is Emirates and Global Supply Systems (GSS). not sure why Emirates doesnt do their own cargo as it is a profitable business and they are making good money anyway. China Airlines used to have Atlas fly cargo for them and painted them in full China colors but now they have their own gigantic fleet.I highly recommend the Atlas and Polar DVDs from www.justplanes.comAnd here is a shot of the nice looking birdhttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/1038846/L/

Yes I need to get that Polar DVD, I've heard great things. Ever since the 400F came out from PMDG that is all I do is fly Cargo routes that I can find. Singapore Cargo and Polar's flights are the easiest to find because they run on somewhat of a schedule. I thought I had missed something though with that Qantas flight, I thought maybe they had gotten into the freight business with one or two 400F's.