Sign in to follow this  
Guest Regg001

Rain

Guest BobKK

I was just watching an FS9 video on Google video and it made me recall the great rain effects in FS9, especially the way the rain hit the windshield of the plane and how the raindrops formed on the windshield as the plane move through the rain. Very realistic.It's disappointing that FSX left out this effect. I really like FSX and in many ways it is more advanced than FS9. Still, I'm wondering why the designers would choose not to show the way rain is depicted as it is in FS9.

The rendering engine has changed and as a result "animated, chained textures" are not currently supported.You can't make clam chowder out of oatmeal... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>The rendering engine has changed and as a result "animated,>chained textures" are not currently supported.>>You can't make clam chowder out of oatmeal... ;)Just a shame that Aces took so many products like"clam chowder" off the shelves.... :( Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Guest wyoming

Make your partner happier: film it next time.

I seem to remember flight unlimited 3's rain effects were the best. Raindrops blowing across the windscreen like the image above (seem to remember the VC's were terrible, though).

Thanks Geofa.I did a quick check on bolt.com and couldn't find anything. I know you fly a Baron. What are they listed as?

Guest Regg001

He should use Rain-x on that glass...... I don't know if it's FAA approved, but will get rid of the lines. In fact at that speed you won't even see the rain at all with Rain-x (or a similar product).