Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevehow

lear cockpit reflections

Guest stevehow

Hianyone else using John Standards cockpit reflections files.i'm having no luck with the lear45..after using it with the new Lear45_reflection.dds file for a few minutes ,i get a whiteout in the VC.I know that you use the A321 file and rename it for the Lear..are there any other sets of reflection files i could try by anyone else???..i have FSx running really well and i'm sure this does make a difference.i also tried making my own but these didn't work either.. thanks steve

Guest chinga

Hi SteveCan't say i have seen this issue with the Lear. Maybe a vid card/driver issue? I am using Nvidia 93.81 drivers with my 7950GT which work very well for me. These drivers have cleared up several graphics anomilies i was having previously with other Nvidia drivers.

Guest stevehow

Hi chingawe have same card drivers and same card..so it must be something i'm doing..i'm using the A321 reflection file and renaming it to Lear45_reflection.dds.this should be right..strange how it doesn't happen straight away..but only after i'm in the air for a few minutes..windshield goes blank..like i'm flying through cloud(but im not).. thanks steve

Guest chinga

Steve, don't rename the Airbus file to Lear. As strange as it sounds...the default file for the Lear is also the Airbus. In other words they share the same file...just drop the airbus file into the Lear texture folder without renaming it.

Guest stevehow

ah thanks chinga...i wondered how come it wasn't workingthanks again for your help and patience. cheers mate steve