Sign in to follow this  
sholay

Aerosoft - VATSIM Cross the Pond sale 25%

5 hours ago, sholay said:

You may enjoy some of these: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/sale/vatsim-cross-the-pond-sale/

I am torn between P3D AS Berlin Brandenburg pro, P3D SimWIngs Mega Airport Barcelona Pro or getting nothing and waiting for better deals on Black Friday 😉

&

I might give you an overview of them as I have both. 

I run EDDB with Orbx GE North and Barcelona with Orbx Cityscape (get one of these during their -50 % sale)

Berlin:

Performance is good. It comes with the surroundings, but GE North makes flying over Berlin fun. With the scenery tweeker (turning off AP traffic and road traffic) and with UTLive 50% traffic I get 20-25fps in CS 757 and max (locked at 35) in Q400 and 717. 

Big + 

The details are lacking. For instance no 3d grass show up and the terminals look a bit dated. However, the product covers the airport area in detail. It is not at the same level as DD Tivat or Orbx Lowi. But anyway, it is decent. Perhaps this is a settings issue? 

Medium

All in all 7.5/10 considering the price tag.

Barcelona

The atmosphere is nice, and it is a bit more finished than EDDB, in my opinion. I can't comment to much on the performance or the terminals, because I tend to fly there in my q400 and park in "affordable" spots. I do get 25+ frames in the q400. However, the approach is SO MUCH BETTER than Berlin. You fly over the city regardless of the direction you arrive from. It additionally features a scenery tweek tool and you have vast number of options. This is much more in the DD and Orbx quality range. 

8.75/10 (with the cityscape)

Get Barcelona if you have a decent rig! Hope that this helped you! 

Cheers,

Theo

Edited by tktheo93
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

O, wow!

TRULY appreciate this comment. Much more than anything I could find online about these 2 😉

Cheers,

&

ugcx_banner.png