Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Honeycomb stuff - wow!

I would post this on my social media account, but none of my friends or family appreciates my aviation nerdiness, heh.

Just received my alpha and bravo yesterday. Coming from years using CH Yoke to use these two outstanding pieces of hardware is so amazing. The quality of it and everything else people talked about is true, probably the best investment into this hobby I've ever made. 

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 13

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I am considering them, but I am torn as I almost always fly airbus stuff.  I understand that these things do not have detents, especially on the throttles so I am tending toward the units that are actually modeled from the airbus real world units (but I hear those throttles are very small)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

36 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I understand that these things do not have detents

Each of the main six axes has a detent - just a physical bump that you can push through.

1 hour ago, shamrockflyer said:

I bought a few things from Aero/Moto

Thanks for this site, didn't know about it. Just ordered the trim wheel cover.

Cheers

Martin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I am considering them, but I am torn as I almost always fly airbus stuff.  I understand that these things do not have detents, especially on the throttles so I am tending toward the units that are actually modeled from the airbus real world units (but I hear those throttles are very small)

32 minutes ago, Tektolnes said:

Each of the main six axes has a detent - just a physical bump that you can push through.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm concerned that you may be talking about different things here.

The Bravo only has a single detent at the bottom of its range (for the likes of reverse thrust and engine cut-off). Other than that, hey do have printed detents, but that is all. The add-on parts, such as those mentioned above, are required to provide detents throughout the range, such as for flaps. 

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Take a look at that! https://throttletek.com/a320-flightbox-v3/

• Like 2

Regarding detents -- another thing to consider is that on the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, at least, the "stops" on the throttle are really stops for where the throttle reads.  The area below the stop is simply an on-off switch, or a "button" if you will -- at least at the present time.

I wish that area could be read incrementally as a throttle, then we could have a better reverse thrust in aircraft like the PC-6.  

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

47 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm concerned that you may be talking about different things here.

The Bravo only has a single detent at the bottom of its range (for the likes of reverse thrust and engine cut-off). Other than that, hey do have printed detents, but that is all. The add-on parts, such as those mentioned above, are required to provide detents throughout the range, such as for flaps. 

Yep, I think I knew that, just a 'detent' switch at the bottom of the throw.  Still not physical detents for the throttles (including no aftermarket mods).  If they just included those (better if adjustable) on all axis that would be fantastic.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sylvenzo said:

If they did this as a mountable desk unit, in plastic, at 80% original size, for $400 US or less - I would have already bought it. 

I've had the yoke for a while and I got lucky and was able to get the Throttle quadrant when Honeycomb opened a really short window at end of last year. My only issue with the yoke was that the clamps were too small for my desk and I didn't have much luck with the 3M suction pad.  I was able to use some other clamps I had but Honeycomb just released some XL clamps so I ordered them today.  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

I couldn't be happier with my throttle. To make it even better I bought a few things from Aero/Moto.

https://www.aeromoto.net/shop

How's the quality on these parts and they are for the Honeycomb Bravo?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

How's the quality on these parts and they are for the Honeycomb Bravo?

I bought the 737 style thrust lever handles and spring loaded flap lever kit. The throttle handles feel really nice, they are plastic but really good quality and well worth the price in my opinion! The spring loaded flap lever is such a simple design yet very effective, it does a good job at adding a lot more realism to the throttle itself and is also of excellent quality.

I couldn't recommend getting this set enough! It just makes me question why Honeycomb didn't/doesn't have such things available for their throttle.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mdreyer said:

If you have a suitable 3D printer, or a shop nearby that does 3D printing, you can download files for flap lever slots for various aircraft and throttle handles for free.

https://www.freesimstuff.com/downloads--honeycomb.html

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4787184/files

yep, saw that also, but...  throttle detents is the thing.